transmission problem

Drock

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 2000 Lincoln ls v8, when i go to put the car into reverse it jerks but doesn't move when i hit the gas and the same goes for when i put it into drive (D5) , but then when i go into the shiftronics i can drive where ever i want just with no reverse or d5 (regular drive) , if anyone knows if its a solenoid on the transmission or if i just need a new one id really appreciate the ideas and input thank you everyone and please update me.

i have a similar problem. and yes i have searched. lol my reverse just jerks really bad. if i idle only i can reverse just fine if i accelerate it jerks and doesn't go anywhere drive is fine even though i believe it shifts at a higher rpm than its suppose to. is it possible its a solenoid or a trans rebuild?

I also have the same issue.. My search inquires have found some have swapped the solenoid. I took it to a trans shop and explained to him my issues, he stated that it would probably need to be rebuilt..

This is a classic failing solenoid pack failure. Delayed P-R-D engagement. When I had to change mine, R-D-R would take up to a couple seconds.

Members online

Back