Transmission problem? Maybe?

2k2ls

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Every now and then when driving the LS the tranny out of nowhere seems like it slips and revs up a few thousand RPMS then returns to normal. I searched around the forum and others with this issue are getting an "E" on the message center. I havent had any codes or anything like that. If i had to estimate i would say it does this every other week. Does anyone have any clues? Also it shifts fine into and out of gear and there is no delay at all going from P to D or P to R etc. Thanks in advance!

Mine threw the E at me yesterday, but I've been having problems with it loosing fluid. When it's low it will forget what gear it's in and wind up a bit then drop back in. Only does it when it gets hot.

Weird thing about mine is I have no idea where the hell the fluid is going! No puddles, no drips, underside is clean. I'm lost as to where it's putting it! I even checked the antifreeze, thinking the cooler might be cracked. Nope, not there either. Only place I see anything is right by the steering rack on the drivers side. But even at that, it's on the wrong side of the car.

thats wierd. I lifted the car and cannot find evidence of it losing fluid anywhere. And the b@stard wont give me a code so I'm just stuck with this mystery issue.

Members online

Back