Transmission mount

maxlsv8

LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm having a hard time finding a replacement transmission mount for my 97mk 8. I've searched everywhere and can't seem to find one, Ford no longer sells one it's obsolete and auto parts stores don't even list a part number. Does anyone know where I can find one? The problem is that the trans mount is attached to the exhaust, the mount is broken (sagging) which makes my exhaust rattle against the crossbar in the middle of the car.

I could not find one almost 2 years ago. The Bradshaw Bros, the guys that built my transmission, fabricated one to work in the Mark using a fox body mustang auto transmission mount.

do these go bad ,or why do you need a new one?

is there anything i should look for on mine going bad?

does anyone have a good picture of the mustang mount? I just don't see how a mount from cobra with t-45 will work with mk 8 4r70w.

I'd just cut the exhaust mount part off the tranny mount and fab up a new hanger, better than trying to track down dicontinued Ford parts.

hmmm all v8's use the same subframe correct (k-member) so just find a v8 with the same trans, should be the same mount?

Members online

Back