Transmission Modification (J-Mod) ???

SuperCoupe007

LVC Member
Reaction score
I was reading an article and it mentioned about doing a J-mod to the tranny. I did a search and read the tccoa artcle, but I am not certain what exactly are the benefits to it (I don't understand). I was wondering if someone could shed some knowledge into what it is, and what are the benefits... by the way, I have a 97 LSC. and I want to learn as much as I can about it.
Thanks....
:)

The mod itself, the "jmod," will make your shifts firmer (more sportier). I personally couldn't live with the way my Lincoln shifted from the factory. Wayyy too soft. I was either gonna have to get a shift kit or do a Jmod. I did the Jmod. While I was in there I did the recommended upgrades to a few other parts, it's all in the Jmod FAQ.

Fyi

It seems the most vital part of the 'J-mod' technical article doesn't work.

There is a "HERE" link to click on for the drilling information that doesn't seem to work. So, none of the drill bit information is there, just the instructions on taking the valve body out and reinstalling it pretty much.

:confused: Hmmm OK I read pretty much everything in the link that you provided "VR4". I read the FAQ and also about shift kits. Does anybody know if there are any Mark VIII club meets in CA ??? I think the best way to understand and decide is to see how a J-mod performs and see if its something I would like.. Thanks for the help so far.
Thanks....
:confused: :p :) :rolleyes:

SuperCoupe....get in touch with BlackIceLSC, he is in Cali and he would know where a get together would be and he has done the Jmod on his car....if I am not mistaken. If not, I am SURE he knows someone that has and is in Cali as well.

1wykdmk8:::::: MUCH Thanks, I will be sending "BlackIceLSC" a message to see when and where the next meet will be.
Thanks...
:D :D

Members online

Back