Transmission Issues. Help needed from the Elders

THIAGO

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
2000 lincoln ls v6
142k miles
never had trans fluid change since i have owned it in 2006 with 60k miles

I think that i have a solenoid issue. from the days upon days of searching, the delayed engagement that i am having from reverse to Drive has led me to believe that i am in need of a solenoid. So i went and ordered a reman solenoid, a trans filter and a transpan gasket.

- Another issue that i have is that my car shakes from somewhere in between 0 to 20 mph... after that it does just fine.
http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/s...1_LINCOLN_LS_Delayed_Reverse_TSB_01-14-05.pdf
TSB 01-14-5 , i think that it applies to my situation.

Recently i Saw a big E on my dashboard. it comes on every so often after driving at least 10-15 miles

i took it in and i have no codes related to the transmission .

can anyone point me in the right direction?

IMG_20110813_162142.jpg

i fixed the Clockspring. so the airbag light is no longer there. the check engine light is no longer there. that check engine light was only there for a few minutes. THE E only came up a about two times also

...Recently i Saw a big E on my dashboard. it comes on every so often after driving at least 10-15 miles

Took it in where?
Most OBD2 scanners will not pick up most of the non generic emissions codes from the LS. A Ford specific scan tool is required. Such a tool can also initiate a driving self test of the transmission which can be helpful in diagnosing problems.
Be sure to do a full fluid exchange/flush when change the solenoid pack.
(Don't just drain and refill the pan.)

2000 lincoln ls v6
142k miles
never had trans fluid change since i have owned it in 2006 with 60k miles

I think that i have a solenoid issue. from the days upon days of searching, the delayed engagement that i am having from reverse to Drive has led me to believe that i am in need of a solenoid. So i went and ordered a reman solenoid, a trans filter and a transpan gasket.

- Another issue that i have is that my car shakes from somewhere in between 0 to 20 mph... after that it does just fine.
http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/s...1_LINCOLN_LS_Delayed_Reverse_TSB_01-14-05.pdf
TSB 01-14-5 , i think that it applies to my situation.

Recently i Saw a big E on my dashboard. it comes on every so often after driving at least 10-15 miles

The solenoid pack will fix the delayed engagement.

The "E" is a transmission error. It may be caused by the solenoid pack failure. Mine never got to the point of throwing the "E". I replaced it when the delayed engagement got unbearable. It could (I think) also be caused by a bad shifter. Next time it does it jiggle the shift lever (or switch from D5 to D4) and see what happens. My shifter died while under warranty so the dealer replaced it.

p0731 incorrect 1st gear ratio
P0733 .....3rd gear
P0734.....4th gear

P0745line pressure solenoid
P1549 intake manifold comm circuit fault.. unrelated to my issue, I did search 01549 and didn't find any thing

Took it in where?
Most OBD2 scanners will not pick up most of the non generic emissions codes from the LS. A Ford specific scan tool is required. Such a tool can also initiate a driving self test of the transmission which can be helpful in diagnosing problems.
Be sure to do a full fluid exchange/flush when change the solenoid pack.
(Don't just drain and refill the pan.)
I took it to the hobby shop on base. The tool they use is a snap on modis. I will post a pic of it and the codes when I get to a computer.I am going to try and look up how to get a flush here on base. Or at the minimum I can drop pan and fill it, then take to dealer for flush

IMG_20110816_125046.gif

this is the Scan tool that was used and the codes that i have. I pay $5 per scan. I dont think that it is to bad to pay $5 since there isn't any auto place that does codes for free

Could it be the $6 dollar spring in the valvebody as well i am getting the p0734 code
?

"#S4. 5R55N Only, 4-3 Pre-Stroke Valve Spring. Complaints of no 4th or 5th gear, codes 734 and / or 735 and solenoid C codes can occur on the 5R55N due to a broken 4-3 pre-stroke valve spring. The 4-3 pre-stroke valve controls the apply and release rate of the intermediate servo and direct clutch, which should be applied in 4th and 5th gear. The Sonnax 4-3 Pre-Stroke Valve Spring addresses these complaints. This spring is not used on 5R55W and 5R55S units. Cost $6.00"

Staff online

Members online

Back