Transmission issues finally arrived.

bl_rdrgz

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Well guys I'm trying to diagnose this issue as fast as possible because I don't have another vehicle.

Last night driving normally the cars message center said "check transmission" and the "E" appeared where the gearshift usually is. There was absolutely no change in the way the car drove. I still drove it home. Shifted through all the gears flawlessly as usual. No weird vibrations, nothing. Also no codes. I tried to check the transmission fluid but seems like someone has already stripped the center torx bolt in the pan so I cannot get that out.

Where do I go from here? Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Well I dropped it off at the dealership. Let's see if they can find any codes. They quoted me $250 on a transmission flush. But for that price I'd rather go through the hassle and do it myself!

well the dealership told me that the code was a P1744 and that the solenoid needed to be replaced. i replaced the solenoid pack with a new one. and guess what? still having the same issues!! my next thing that im going to try is the valve body! anyone have any insight at all?! if this does not fix the problem the car is going up for sale! someone please chime in!!

Are you sure it's still the same code? Did you do all the diagnosis to verify that it wasn't an electrical issue first? Why you you think it's the valve body?

Well I checked all electrical connections and wiring. Dealership only got P1744. And I have done some reading and some people have said that if you turn off the car and turn it back on and the check transmission light is off it could be the valve body. But I have no way to verify it for sure.

Members online

Back