Transmission Goes forward in Reverse and neutral

THIAGO

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
My transmission is acting crazy. The day that i went to go fix my solenoid issue, my transmission started going forward in reverse gear and also in neutral gear. This was before i even opened or touched anything . I manage to swap out my solenoid and took care of the E. i also switched a 4-3 prestroke spring and got rid of the shaking.

I still have the issue where my transmission is going forward instead of reverse. I was thinking it could be the linkage cable not adjusted correctly. The GEAR R AND N are showing in the cluster, but the car is going forward in R and N. Has anybody dealt or heard of this issue before. I would like to know if it is possible to fix with a new valvebody

car is a 2000 lincoln ls V6 5r55n. Any help would be appreciated. I tried searching but couldn't find anything similar.

Here's the closest to your problem that I could find. It's for gen II, so it may not really apply to you.

Other Concern: Vehicle Movement with Gear Selector in "N" Position Possible Component Reference/Action
262 — ROUTINE
Fluid

· Incorrect level

· Adjust fluid to correct level. Refer to Transmission Fluid Level Check in this section.
Shift Cable/Digital TR sensor

· Cable system or digital TR sensor damaged, misaligned

· Inspect and repair as necessary. For additional information, refer to Transmission Range (TR) Sensor Adjustment in this section.
Incorrect pressures

· High/low pressures

· Check pressure at Line and PC C taps. Carry out Line Pressure Test. Refer to Special Testing Procedures in this section.
Main Control

· Screws not tightened to specification

· Tighten to specification.

· Separator plate damaged

· Inspect for damage. If damaged, install a new separator plate.

· Contamination

· Disassemble and clean.

· Valve/springs damaged, misassembled, missing, stuck or bore damaged

· If damaged or parts are missing, install new main control assembly. If misassembled, reassemble correctly. DO NOT stone, file or sand valves. This will remove the anodized finish and may result in further main control or transmission damage.
Clutch Assemblies

· Seals, piston damaged

· Inspect for damage. Repair as necessary.

· Check ball damaged, missing, not seating, off location

· Inspect for damage, mislocation, poor seating. Install a new cylinder as necessary.

· Friction elements damaged or worn

· Return springs damaged

Case

· Manual control lever assembly damage, manual valve inner lever pin bent, manual valve inner lever damaged, spring rod damaged

· Inspect for damage. If damaged, repair as necessary.

· Manual valve lever shaft retaining pin damaged

· Inspect for damage. If damaged, repair as necessary.

thanks joegr. I will check the fluid once my drain bolt gets here today.I manage to strip my orinal one. Hopefully this can be a simple fix.

Members online

Back