Trans Solenoid

jcharb

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what can happen if i installed the wrong transmission solenoid in my transmission? I ordered a solenoid for a 5r55n transmission that i thought i had, don't ask me why? then found out i had a 5r55s transmission, but the transmission was already appart, and they looked similar so i swapped the screen and plate and installed it.

Now i'm test driving it, and it has the same symptoms as the stock one i replaced, just worse, so the ultimate question is are they somewhat compatible or do i need to order the right part? or can it be fixed with a pcm flash?

thanks i know nothing about transmissions so any help would be greatly appreciated

They wouldn't be different part numbers if they weren't different, and that difference wasn't important.

Well. thanks guys, I guess i'm kinda thinking the same thing, i just needed someone to kick me in the right direction, well actually wondering if i could save my big :q:q:q:qup without spending more money if i didn't have to.

So i will order the proper one, but if anyone needs the one for the 5r55n i will have one up for grabs soon as the new one comes in, no point in opening up the trans again till i have the right part. pm me if u need one

The only difference between the S and the N is the top aluminun plate that the solenoids bolt up to. You could change the one from the old to the new one and it should work. The acutal solenoids are the same for all 5r55s-w-n tranys. But since you have a 5r55n solenoid block for sale, how much do you want for it?

That's what i thought, but i don't want to take any chances, especially if i need to take it to a trans shop i at least want the right part in the car.

but pm sent

Members online

No members online now.
Back