Trans HELP!

Pics will come starting tomorrow night hopefully and thanks for posting the PDF's again along with the info!

Im so excited! I just wanna dance!:dancefool LMFAO

I'll probably post more often just got layed off monday from ford lincoln mercury dealership-Do have interview with nissan though

No :q:q:q:q man! Give me a call when your around and Ill swing by, 931 436 4575 (Baron)

Its getting done this weekend at my boys place in newington, he has a garage and I dont hahh, plus I just built his engine for him so he owes me..

Wow your name is Baron? now everytime I see your name I'm gonna think Red Baron Pizza....very delicious brand :-D that and Freshetta

hey I got it too... Pete's Pizza never heard of the company...plus you got baron in relation to airplanes back in the day...I got retarded fairytales and nursery rhymes or Petey Pablo

Whats this specialty tool nonsense?

Taken from the PDF's - Retainer, Torque Convertor
307-346 (T97T-7902-A)

It looks like a cheapo bracket?? Do I have to go to Ford for this or should I have one already in my current transmission?

Anyone?? Just fininished disconnecting harness and whatnot but the PDF's say you need this tool to remove the torque converter with the transmission or something like that????? Someone has to know something... I dont think some little bracket is really necesary but I cant be certain.. 386motor you know anything seeing as how you just did this???

Just whatever you do SEAT THE NEW CONVERTER INTO THE TRANS ALL THE WAY... if you don't severe damage will occur...

Not even close to that point yet, how do I remove/rotate the torque converter to remove the bolts holding it to the flexplate??

Its out, Im going to lunch.. :D

Stock converter is a 10" as well by the way

haha get some vids or pictures of it...I know you got a passenger who probably has steady hands for a camera...if not I know how she can practice :p (jk)

i really can.t believe that that was the only response to such an awesome mod, and as far as i know he.s the first to have done a tc swap on an ls.

great work and excellent initiative, missing linc. this is just as big as the lsd swap.

we should see excellent gains from this. not hp obviously, but the timeslips will show it.

:yourock:
Day 2..

Im going out to shatter some lives!!! :D

:yourock:

I wish you would have taken pictures for us, but at least you got it done. Have you gone to the track yet? Did you do the whole job by yourself or is this a two person job? About how much time do you have from start to finish?

I took pictures but my camera is dead, if 2 exhaust manifold bolts didnt break it coulda been done in one day and I used a friends garage, his tools, and he helped.. Track is open wed night only thing is Im running like a 1/2 second slower up here in the mountains than what I was at Bowling Green KY, 14.38 to a 14.8, well see how it goes tho, many videos and pictures to come :D All I can say so far is that my Nitto street slicks have really started to hate their life :eek:

bad f*cking ass. guess what.s next on my list... :D

you need an lsd... I bet she.d really fly then. And yes on the vid. But maybe start a new thread with the pics and all, with a title other than trans help. So there will be something to search for, ya know?

Hey sorry i missed that question. That retainer piece is bull:q:q:q:q. Just another reason to spend money if you ask me. I took the trans apart from the motor with only a few wiggles. You can call me anytime you got any questions about it though. I did a successful swap myself and it was rather easy. I didn't remove my exhaust at all, i just banged it in near the two bolts.

MAKE SURE YOU SEAT THAT MOFUGGIN TORQUE CONVERTER RIGHT!

386-453-5501 call/text .... if i can help, i will

I just realized its almost 1am here otherwise Id go out and grab that video, tomorrow morning I will tho and yes Ill start another thread to hopefully get sticky'd but itll be in the HiPerf section cause thats where it belongs... Oh and my LS catches both wheels damn near most of the time, actually while I was under the car I spun the driveshaft and both wheels went forward, i grabbed one of the wheels and spun it and the other one didnt go anywhere tho.. :confused: this car is retarded..

Members online

No members online now.
Back