Trans fluid flush cost

SidewayzLinc

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Just wondering what a dealership should charge me to flush my fluid/change filter, and if there’s any way I can tell they actually flushed the whole system ?

Many years ago, it was about $200. It may be double that now. The correct fluid is not cheap.
Watch them do it, or go somewhere that you trust.

And if you go elsewhere... make sure they use Motorcraft transmission fluid. (Or buy a couple cases for them to fill it).

Alot of places use "universal" fluid, which can potentially cause transmission problems due to fluid incompatibility.

Last edited:
Many years ago, it was about $200. It may be double that now. The correct fluid is not cheap.
Watch them do it, or go somewhere that you trust.
I called my local dealerships I’m in Modesto ca, they all will do it for a charge of 350$ but when I ask them the procedure they don’t say anything about the machine, their procedure is to just drop the pan, guess I’ll just have to do it myself, to double check the fluid is “motorcraft mercon v”

THIS Stuff right??
Screenshot_20240212-074935.png

Just wondering what a dealership should charge me to flush my fluid/change filter, and if there’s any way I can tell they actually flushed the whole system ?
If you have high miles and never done this before don't do it or you'll be buying a new transmission soon. I only drop the pan and change filter and fluid in those cases or you lose to much friction material and new oil is too slippery, every time I've done a flush it kills the transmission, I've only done it twice cause I learn fast.

That has been my experience as well with high mileage trannies. My question SultanGris is what do you consider high mileage?

That has been my experience as well with high mileage trannies. My question SultanGris is what do you consider high mileage?
Oh I guess I'm not really sure there, but probably around double the recommend milage interval when your supposed to service it, the two I've had fail with a full flush were both over 120k.

I have 280k + miles on my LS... with 3 fluid and filter changes, and a solenoid pack replacement at 130k. No flush...ever.

All a flush does... is disturb all of those tiny particles of debris... causing other tiny orifices to plug up, causing major transmission problems.

Only time I would recommend a flush is a last ditch effort on an already failing transmission. (assuming there are no "electrical" issues).

So I'm at 127k and my dash display says E where it should be D5. It becomes E after 5 to 10 minutes of driving. I'm pretty positive that the previous owners have not done anything with the transmission maintenance. The transmission operates fine at this moment. What should I do next?

Members online

Back