trans finially quit!!! 2000 lincoln conti

llirremmada

LVC Member
Reaction score
well after 82k of harsh driving and burnouts my tranny finially quit and i wasnt even driving it when it quit. my fiance was driving it on the highway and said the check trans light came on and she drove it another 50k. WTF? about 3 years ago i had to get the seal in the transmission replaced, turned out to be a crack in the housing. didnt have the money so he patched it up with jb weld. it held up for 3 years i drive hard and with 22" rims and 300lbs of audio in the trunk it had some strain on it. thinking of either getting a remanufactured one or getting a housing and swapping out the guts. any suggestions?????

well after 82k of harsh driving and burnouts my tranny finially quit and i wasnt even driving it when it quit. my fiance was driving it on the highway and said the check trans light came on and she drove it another 50k. WTF? about 3 years ago i had to get the seal in the transmission replaced, turned out to be a crack in the housing. didnt have the money so he patched it up with jb weld. it held up for 3 years i drive hard and with 22" rims and 300lbs of audio in the trunk it had some strain on it. thinking of either getting a remanufactured one or getting a housing and swapping out the guts. any suggestions?????

Not to be a dick, but you beat on it and it went out at 82k? Take care of the car more and you wont have this issue, knock on wood I have 170k on mine, running stock trans.

Why did your wife continue to drive it for another 50k when it said check trans? Did you pull the code on the check trans? Did you check the trans fluid? These are luxury cars, not sports car.

On a serious note, I would go to a junk yard see if you can find a wrecked one, or check craigslist. Do you plan on doing the swap yourself? If no then I'd just take it to the dealer and get a reman one with a warranty.

no not a sports car but anyone will agree these cars have power to be a luxury vehicle. anyways got the tranny rebuilt turned out some of the gears were worn. got all new seals, gears and performance torque converter. ran me 1500 but let me tell you it has never ran better!!!! the shifts are sooooo smooth.

Members online

Back