Tranny ?

rollinstonekeith

LVC Member
Reaction score
In the forum it says to use Mercon V in the 1996-98 Mark VIII's. What should I run in a 1995 Mark VIII? The book says regular Mercon, I'm just not so sure. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!

In the forum it says to use Mercon V in the 1996-98 Mark VIII's. What should I run in a 1995 Mark VIII? The book says regular Mercon, I'm just not so sure. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!

They didn't even make mercon V way back then thats why its not said to use. You now use mercon v.

By the title of the thread i was expecting to see something like this.....

8f662032.jpg

Thats...just...wrong...

On so many levels! :D

My 94 Mark trans. had the 'infamous shudder' at highway speeds in OD, when I first got it last March.

After everyone here said to, I changed trans. fluid to Mercon V w/ new filter and gasket... no shudder for over a year now. (and I have been known to drive it hard from time to time). And BTW, use an OEM pan gasket. Teh ones that come with parts-store filters are flimsy crap compared to the OEM one I got from Max.

On so many levels! :D

My 94 Mark trans. had the 'infamous shudder' at highway speeds in OD, when I first got it last March.

After everyone here said to, I changed trans. fluid to Mercon V w/ new filter and gasket... no shudder for over a year now. (and I have been known to drive it hard from time to time). And BTW, use an OEM pan gasket. Teh ones that come with parts-store filters are flimsy crap compared to the OEM one I got from Max.

I used the factory re-usable pan gasket the whole ten years I owned my '96. And I'm using the factory gasket on my '97 also. As long as you don't bend or cut it you can use it indefinitely.

Members online

Back