Tranny Question

2000LincolnLSJGCOM

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey:

When I was coming to my office this morning, it said check transmission..Then you know where it says, D, N, P, etc for Drive Neutral , Park? It said E..does that mean check engine???

Thanks!
Brian

sounds like it means Error. No idea. THe check engine is prob it's own light.

It was kinda weird..when I leave here I will check if it goes on again.. I turned the car off and then on..and it went back to normal letters

There is a problem with the transmission loosing communication sometimes. It is a multiplexed bus that it communicates on and is prone to such error.

2000LincolnLSJGCOM said:
Hey:

When I was coming to my office this morning, it said check transmission..Then you know where it says, D, N, P, etc for Drive Neutral , Park? It said E..does that mean check engine???

Thanks!
Brian

If you look in your manual it tells what the E means. I just read it last night but dont remember exactly what it said. I was trying to look up another problem but do remember seeing something about what has happened if the E pops up. I will try to remember to look again tonight but it is mentioned in the byers guide that came with the car.

2000LincolnLSJGCOM said:
Hey:

Thanks!
Brian

My 04 did that this evening... the only difference is that I was 40ft out of the service gate after getting the transmission 'fixed' when it happend. :eek2: On a more positive note the shift quality on the ride around the block back to the service department was exceptional. :Beer

Members online

No members online now.
Back