Tranny Issue

1jerodjones

LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 2002 Lincoln Ls and a 2005 Lincoln LS both V6. The 2005 is not shifting right. I manually had to shift gears to get it home the other day. After letting it cool down I test drove and seemed to have problems with every gear. The 2002 seems to have problems when you give it a lot of gas during takeoff. I was taking off and the car would barely move. If I take off easy on the gas it will preform as it should. I am not getting any codes on the cars. WHat would be the problem thanks.

I have a 2002 Lincoln Ls and a 2005 Lincoln LS both V6. The 2005 is not shifting right. I manually had to shift gears to get it home the other day. After letting it cool down I test drove and seemed to have problems with every gear. The 2002 seems to have problems when you give it a lot of gas during takeoff. I was taking off and the car would barely move. If I take off easy on the gas it will preform as it should. I am not getting any codes on the cars. WHat would be the problem thanks.
A less expensive possible fix than a valve body replacement. I have a '94 Lincoln Mark VIII (4.6L). Also had some shifting issues, although don't know how similar they were to yours. I swapped out a shift solenoid & a torque converter solenoid. These were simple to replace (unplug from valve body and plug back in). Shifting problems gone. Not familiar with your LS V6, but just a suggestion.

Members online

No members online now.
Back