Tranny Dead: Fix, Sell, or Part Out??

blk00ls

LVC Member
Reaction score
as i posted in another thread, the tranny went and my mechanic says there's no hope but to replace it, which could cost $1500 or $2 grand. I have a 2000 LS Sport with 119.5 K on it and its in fair condition. a few problems with the interior, nothing major, and scratches and scuff marks (not bad enough to be called dents), but as i look in the paper and online, it seems these cars are worth nothing. Well..... nothing considering i paid $9 grand for mine three years ago. Similar cars (100K and up) that look mint are going for 5 or 6 grand, so that puts me at $4-5 grand (and probably the lower end of that). So do i sink a possible $2000 into her and sell her, should i sell her as is for cheap, or should i part her out?? by the way its black on black (charcoal i think is the color) and im in queens, NY..... any suggestions??

find a good salvage yard trans.those can be had for like 500-700 or so,i found one here at a local lot with realatively low miles for 500 and it comes with a 90 day warranty.

find a good salvage yard trans.those can be had for like 500-700 or so,i found one here at a local lot with realatively low miles for 500 and it comes with a 90 day warranty.

+1

I've done this with two transmissions so far. Both have been great transmissions and both were under $700.

Members online

No members online now.
Back