Traded in the LS for a Navigator

Ozman

LVC Member
Reaction score
Last week I traded in my 01 LS8 straight across for a 00 Nav. The LS just got too tight. Between the car seat, stroller, suit cases, sub and amp, etc., it just got too hard to pack everything in it. I miss the performance and handling of the LS but the Navigator is pretty cool. It has a flip-down LCD screen which didn't work, so they couldn't charge me for it. I spent 3 hours tearing into it the night I got it and fixed it for free.

I do have a couple of questions/issues:
1. The driver side door lock does not usually lock when the auto door locks are pushed. I usually have lock it manually. Has anyone experienced this and is there a quick fix for it?
2. The CD player is not reading any CDs. It shuffles through every CD in the magazine and says it is empty. I'm gonna try cleaning the eye with a q-tip to see if it is just dirty. If anyone else has any experience dealing w/ this, let me know.
3. I think the fan for the passenger side heated/cooled seat may be going out. It is making a loud buzzing noise when activated. Does anyone know anything about this?
4. Finally, has anyone ran regular fuel in thier Navagator? Did it have any effect on performance or gas mileage? My father runs regular in his and says he can't tell the difference. I know many people had issues trying to run regular in the LS.

Any help would be appreciated. I did purchase an extended warranty, so some of these issues may be covered. Thanks.

Ozman said:
4. Finally, has anyone ran regular fuel in their Navigator? Did it have any effect on performance or gas mileage? My father runs regular in his and says he can't tell the difference. I know many people had issues trying to run regular in the LS.

Any help would be appreciated. I did purchase an extended warranty, so some of these issues may be covered. Thanks.

This is the only one I can comment on. I have ran regular and even middle grade. The performance dropped the mileage dropped and the engine sounded horrible under hard acceleration. All these issues were significant. I would not do it (run regular). These are nice cars and for a few more cents...it worth it.

My two cents only

:L

Members online

Back