traction disabled

shooter

New LVC Member
Reaction score
On the information center it displays "Traction Disabled" along with the warning light for the ABS brakes.It seems that if I place foot on brake when I start the car this does not happen right away but it comes on in the first 50 miles. I press the reset button and the "traction disabled" goes out but the ABS light remains on. If anybody has a suggestion as tyo repair PLEASE let me know. Thank you. Ken Cerney Wisconsin
The car is a 1995 Deville 4.9L

This is definately a sensor... not sure where though, do you have the Code Reader for Cadillac?

hottweelz said:
This is definately a sensor... not sure where though, do you have the Code Reader for Cadillac?

Thanks for the reply.
As to a code reader no I don't. One other thing, I had transmission replaced before this started. Could something got unplugged or pinched.

Wheel speed sensor no doubt. I have the same thing on my brougham. Very common problem on these cars. It's even in the AllData system. Usually it's one of the fronts. I don't think the rear sensors posed a problem.

Any garage will be able to hook up a scanner and tell you right away which one. The part is usually about $75.

I just got my 95 STS yesterday, and so far its really nice. i also had this "traction disabled" displayed on my info screen, and was wonderin if i can get some more info on where these sensors are that need to be replaced, or if they need to be replaced.

Thanx

matt

hey whats up i have a problem with caddy 96 traction control man i donnt what to do need soome help the code is tc00073 that mines data spark retard?

Members online

No members online now.
Back