Traction control randomly engages

LS?

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I've looked around for answers and found none. As the title says my traction control will randomly engage I'm not sliding at all nor speeding like today for example I was pulling off from a red light and it engaged I wasn't flooring it or nothing. No lights are on besides when it engages. The worst times is when I'm trying to stop and it engages for no reason at all. I just keep it off but sometimes I forget until it acts up. Anyone have this issue?

You probably have a marginal wheel speed sensor or damaged tone ring.

Do you have traction control, or AdvanceTrac?

Sorry advancetrac

I guess you could add to the other possibilities some sort of marginal issue with the steering angle sensor or the yaw sensor, but usually those problems are detected. Is the car well aligned? Is the steering wheel centered when you are going straight down the road?

Yeah I just took it for an alignment after I did my struts and end links maybe two months ago. I take pretty good care of the car and do the maintenance myself. But with no codes or google hints I'm clueless

Inspect the rear tone rings, all the wheel speed sensors, connectors and wiring. Check the front hubs.
Get a scan tool with live data and have someone watch the four wheel speeds while you are driving.

Yeah I just took it for an alignment after I did my struts and end links maybe two months ago. I take pretty good care of the car and do the maintenance myself. But with no codes or google hints I'm clueless

Maybe when you did your struts or endlinks... or the the Alignment was done,,, something got messed up with one of the wheel speed sensors. I suggest looking at all 4 corners,,, and making sure nothing is damaged. This seems a bit ironic to the work performed that you mention.

Members online

No members online now.
Back