traction control light

Outkast

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
As some of you know, I just recently replaced my left rear wheel bearing.

this week, at first it was fine, then on tuesday, the check traction control light came on along with the abs light.

If I shut off the TC then it seems to be fine, but if I leave it on, then when I accelerate, (without spinning the tires) it acts as if the tires are spinning and cuts the cylinders out.

any idea where to start? does autozone check abs codes? if I drive 5-6 miles the check traction control light and abs will illuminate, but reset if I shut the car off.

As some of you know, I just recently replaced my left rear wheel bearing.
any idea where to start?

The bearing you replaced. Did you re-connect the ABS connection? Did you check and make sure the connection is secure? Did the wire break?

Focus on the area where you did the work.

as soon as I get home, in about 2 hours, im gonna jack it up and check that out. I did put it all back together kinda fast cuz I was battleing losing sunlight, so that is definalty a possiblity, I was just curious if anyone knew how the computer worked so AI have an idea where to start...If the comp thinks the tire is losing traction and its not....sound like its on the rear then...right?

I did replace the front left hub 2 weeks ago also...

I just went out and stuck my hand under there, the sensor is tight, but I did use ALOT of pb blaster when I was taking things apart...maybe the sensor is cruddy and not geting a good signal.

I also have a fear that the axle nut may have come loose and backed off resulting in the axle sliding towards the rear diff...the the sensor wont get a signal...but hopefully not.

well, after inspection, it seems as if the new bearing is bad. if you jack up the wheel, it wobbles again. it appears the whole hub and axle is moving in and out in the spindle causing the ABS sensor ring to slide past the sensor. I jacked up the other side to see if it moved, but its solid as a rock.

at this point, I dont know if it was the machine shop not pressing it in right or a bad bearing all together from oreileys....even if the bearing failed, im out 30$ to have it repressed again...damn my luck. I won't have time t o fix it until thurs or fri so I guerss I'll be rollin the magnum again..

well, after inspection, it seems as if the new bearing is bad. if you jack up the wheel, it wobbles again. it appears the whole hub and axle is moving in and out in the spindle causing the ABS sensor ring to slide past the sensor. I jacked up the other side to see if it moved, but its solid as a rock.

at this point, I dont know if it was the machine shop not pressing it in right or a bad bearing all together from oreileys....even if the bearing failed, im out 30$ to have it repressed again...damn my luck. I won't have time t o fix it until thurs or fri so I guerss I'll be rollin the magnum again..

its ok , :q:q:q:q like that happens, youll fix it

Members online

No members online now.
Back