Traction Control light keeps flashing

BrendanMc

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Ran forscan and it says all 4 sensors are showing the same speed so I take it they're working.. what else could it be?

Last edited:
Yes mine does the same thing. And it alarms me about it with 25 beeps when starting car & then again after car has been runnin/driving for X amount of time. Very annoying, have yet to find solution or if way to disconnect whatever 'it' may be to not sound the loud beeping

02 LS V6 owner here ... It's ragged & worn TF down (previous life B4 me) ...

May qualify as a lemon to some, BUUUT, it's my Lemon & I do my best to keep her maintained for remainder of her life!

Money pit yesss.
Thanks to ALL the knowledge & help shared here, it's been my 1st go-to when looking to diagnose

Yes mine does the same thing. And it alarms me about it with 25 beeps when starting car & then again after car has been runnin/driving for X amount of time. Very annoying, have yet to find solution or if way to disconnect whatever 'it' may be to not sound the loud beeping
This is even covered in your owner's manual. That five sets of five beeps is the warning that you have something wrong with the SRS (air bag) system and your SRS warning light is not working (bulb burned out).

Anyways.. it's not that.. any idea what would be causing it to keep flashing?
You have a problem with the system. Connect Forscan to get a more specific idea as to what it may be.

Also when I accelerate from slowing down too quickly you can hear a popping noise sounds like a backfire/misfire.. my mechanic thinks the traction control not working is why this is happening any idea how to fix it? I tried a hard reset and the traction control light on dash is still constantly blinking

You have a problem with the system. Connect Forscan to get a more specific idea as to what it may be.
I have a lot of codes that come up sadly I don't know where to start.. I'll take a picture of it and show ya maybe u can see something, the ABS codes didn't tell me much

Hey which codes would you need to see? Here's a list of all the ones that come up I don't know where to start

PXL_20230704_154834967.jpg

Do you have traction control or AdvanceTrac? The ABS module seems to think you have AdvanceTrac.
(Traction control = spinning tire symbol, AdvanceTrac = sliding car symbol)
Has the ABS module been replaced?
It's saying that it needs to be calibrated, and there is something wrong with the yaw sensor.
You also have some bus problems, A bad AC recirc servo, and Intake Manifold Tuning Valve Control Circuit/Open (Bank 1). The rest of the codes are probably a result of these codes.

Oh that's what I mean it's the sliding car symbol that's flashing, didn't know there was a difference. No the ABS module hasn't been replaced. I'll try and look into calibrating it I think I can do it with forscan right? The bad AC recirc sounds like why my driver's side is cold and passenger is hot..

Also stalled yesterday when coming to a low idle that bcuz of the open tuning valve?
Thank u for helping

Oh that's what I mean it's the sliding car symbol that's flashing, didn't know there was a difference. No the ABS module hasn't been replaced. I'll try and look into calibrating it I think I can do it with forscan right? The bad AC recirc sounds like why my driver's side is cold and passenger is hot..

Also stalled yesterday when coming to a low idle that bcuz of the open tuning valve?
Thank u for helping
Yes.
No, that will be your DCCV.
Maybe.

Fixed the flashing light thank u! Did the service procedures for ABS and calibrated yaw rate and brake booster. How do I go about fixing the dccv problem, AC recirc and intake manifold open tuning valve?

DCCV: Replace DCCV. Be sure to use Motorcraft part. This is based your hot/cold symptom

B1242 (recirc.): Probably have to live with it. Do you here the door flopping when you close the last open car door each time? If so, the plastic push rod had broken. There's nowhere to get those except for junkyards, and most of those may already be broken. Also you'd need to replace the actuator (do this first, or it will break the new rod), and I think that require significant dash disassembly.

Intake valve: Check and verify the wiring to it as best you can. Check the valve solenoid for open or short and replace it if so.

The recirc door is not too bad to service, you just have to pull the sound panel or whatever is covering the underside of the dash and one air duct in order to get to it. On mine, the servo likely broke the rod, and I epoxied the rod and bought a servo, but never installed it or reconnected the old one. On the IMTV, you pretty much have to remove the cowl and brace bar to get to that area.

DCCV: Replace DCCV. Be sure to use Motorcraft part. This is based your hot/cold symptom

B1242 (recirc.): Probably have to live with it. Do you here the door flopping when you close the last open car door each time? If so, the plastic push rod had broken. There's nowhere to get those except for junkyards, and most of those may already be broken. Also you'd need to replace the actuator (do this first, or it will break the new rod), and I think that require significant dash disassembly.

Intake valve: Check and verify the wiring to it as best you can. Check the valve solenoid for open or short and replace it if so.
Don't know what u mean by flopping but my driver's door makes creaking noise when closing it is that it? Thanks for the help on everything appreciate it

Don't know what u mean by flopping but my driver's door makes creaking noise when closing it is that it? Thanks for the help on everything appreciate it
Maybe thumping would have been a better word for me to use. If the rod is broken, the recirc door will open due to air pressure as you shut a door, and then flop back down closed. If you listen for that on the passenger side, you can hear just after closing the door. If not, then you are lucky and the rod hasn't broken yet.

Not yet.. hopefully tomorrow. When I accelerate after slowing down it will make a "misfire/backfire" pop and not everytime. no misfire codes either, is that what would happen if mine was defective?

Getting this abs, traction control & intervehicle dynamic ( premium option ) module with pump can be difficult. You must have exact oem part id # to restore that is what Mark said. Bob Allen Ford offer rebuilt units.
You may contact Mark for advice.

Screenshot_20230716-100748_Gallery.jpg

This is even covered in your owner's manual. That five sets of five beeps is the warning that you have something wrong with the SRS (air bag) system and your SRS warning light is not working (bulb burned out).
Even if it's the AdvanceTrac light blinking? Are the beeps and the light unrelated then??

Even if it's the AdvanceTrac light blinking? Are the beeps and the light unrelated then??
The beeps are the SRS, and have nothing at all to do with your AdvanceTrac problem. You have at least two completely separate problems.

Members online

Back