traction control activates at 60 mph

386Motoring

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I recently had a blowout in the rear of my LS. Now when i drive it the Traction control activates even if i disengage it and reduces power output from the motor. Doesn't matter how much i throttle, it will wither and slowly decrease speed. As soon as i come to a stop or a reasonably low speed then i'm able to go back again. Sometimes the power is reduced and like the other night it had me goign 45 mph on the highway just to get back home. Any advice would be great :) I've searched a bit and i have reason to believe that it might be the tires i put on. I changed the two front tires to a 245/40/18 and the rear are 225/40/18. I ordered two more tires and i wasn't sure if the different size tires would affect it. I just want to be armed with some kind of knowledge before i bring this car to the shop. Thank you everyone :)

,Phil

It was funny though... i completely forgot that the front tires are now a different size. I guess it would make a difference with the electronics somewhere. I just replaced this transmission during the summer... was just hoping it wasn't that again. :) Thanks for the reply. I will get the new tires and update the thread when i find results.

That's only 2.4% faster than the front tires. I wouldn't think the traction control system is that accurate, but... you never know.

784 R/Mile on the fronts
803 R/Mile on the rears.

You check the ABS sensor on the side that blew out? Maybe that got damaged or knocked loose.

I changed the rear tires now to match the front and its all better :) Just wanted to update you guys.

I did check the ABS sensors at first cause i changed the front ball joints and did have to remove the sensors. I was careful not to touch them or damage them but you know how those things go :)

Thanks everyone for the advice... Easy fix.

Members online

No members online now.
Back