Track Times

DMcBrideBoston

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Can people with a 00 - 02 LS V8 with Intake Tube and Exhaust post times?

just screwing around this morning on the hw at 5am I was at a dead stop, tripometer just hit 100.0 so i figured i'd see how fast i could get by the time 2 tenths had passed (track opened today, so it was on my mind)

Well I did it and saw over 90mph, before 2 tenths and car was still pulling hard.

Should 1/4 mile trap be in mid to late 90's?

I'll give you my opinion. I could personally care less about how fast my LS is but there have been some previous posts of people going to the track and their times. However, i feel your method is totally unreliable and isnt going to give you a good measure of its performance.

Fast?

Look at it like this...
Stone cold stocks do like 15.5@90...
I did see a slip somwhere of 15.1@92.2 with just the intake upgrade.It would be ok to assume the exhaust with it would get you atleast another 10th?
that would put you around the 15 mark at mid 90's.Maybe even very high 14's?
I think Quik's got a slip in there with a 100 shot putting him at 13.9@109.
Assuming the 100 shot gets you the "1 second increase"....14.9?
Good luck.

2000 LS V8 Sport (has 3.58? gears), ran 15.2 in the 1/4 - no real mods, just a butchered airbox.

Look at it like this...
Stone cold stocks do like 15.5@90...
I did see a slip somwhere of 15.1@92.2 with just the intake upgrade.It would be ok to assume the exhaust with it would get you atleast another 10th?
that would put you around the 15 mark at mid 90's.Maybe even very high 14's?
I think Quik's got a slip in there with a 100 shot putting him at 13.9@109.
Assuming the 100 shot gets you the "1 second increase"....14.9?
Good luck.

Just FYI - that 109 that Quick ran is good for mid to low 12s with traction.

I'll be taking mine just to see what it'll do, plus I miss drag racing since I got rid of my 87 LSC. :(

Members online

No members online now.
Back