town car won't shift out of park

Madbald13

New LVC Member
Reaction score
If anybody has this problem or the shift lever is kinda loose, should check the shift tube located on the column. This will require dismantling the dash, but not too painful of a task. $32.10 for shift tube @ a dealership. My 91 is happy once again and so am I. Peace.:cool:

If anybody has this problem or the shift lever is kinda loose, should check the shift tube located on the column. This will require dismantling the dash, but not too painful of a task. $32.10 for shift tube @ a dealership. My 91 is happy once again and so am I. Peace.:cool:

Have you already did this repair? The dash will NOT have to be dismantled all you have to do is remove the coverings and the steering column will be visible. There are four nuts that have to be romved and the steering column can be lowered enough to remove the shifting lever once you can see it.

Wont shift out of park

When i Had This problem,all I was told to do was step on the brake straighten the wheel so the tires are straight.I know it sounds wierd,but Its is hard to do I was on a hill amd this happen to me. Every think was ok after that I am very concious of straightening the wheel now and not cranking it too tight.hope that helps you

atta2d

Members online

No members online now.
Back