Town Car wheel well chrome adder.

Gescojoe

LVC Member
Reaction score
I've had the wheel well chrome for six years. I don't drive in the winter, and rarely drive when it rains, so it's in the garage in bad weather. I wash it twice a year. Some low life stole the right rear chrome in a parking lot a few days ago. And the worst part is there is rust foming under where the chrome was. Anyone else look under their wheel well chrome strips?

Well every time I drive my car I take a wand you can get at Lowes for 10 bucks. and it pressurizes water for you and I wash in the wheel well and you can just see where the salt deposits in my wheel well since I live here in sunny Florida hehe. it keeps from rust getting to your ball joints and any other suspension components. my car has a little here and there but mainly has tar underneath on the undercarriage.

I solved my problem with rust, so it wouldn't hurt to check yours before it rusts! Seems that they did undercoat the wheel wells, but they missed a section on one. When I put a mirror on the inside of the upper part of the wheel well the area facing into the car missed being undercoated and I could see a bit of rust forming here and there and one spot the size of a penny had penetrated to the outside where I could see it. So, a slight sanding, a few coats of "Extend", and then some spray undercoating and I'm all set. Thanks to the guy that stole my wheel well chrome or I never would have spotted this till way too late.

Take a few minutes with a mirror, or quick instpection if when on a lift. Be proactive on this.

Members online

No members online now.
Back