Town Car 2006 Signature leaks water

Anthony C

New LVC Member
Reaction score
ALL ............
My 2006 Signature Town Car leaks water on the passenger front floor. One owner garage kept.
I removed the interior seats and rugs and about 2 gallons of water. The front and rear floors were soaked on the passenger sid

Cowl:
I removed the wipers.
Removed the cowl covers.
With a shop-vac cleaned out the center and drivers side drains. There was very little debris in there.
Next I removed the Passenger side cowl air inlet duct. Someone was there before me it was loaded with RTV.
I removed the duct cleaned everything applied a new layer of RTV and reinstalled it.
The little flap is clear.

Sunroof:
I pulled back the headliner both sides to inspect the drain hoses.
Next I got a piece of trimmer string line and fished it into the Sun roof drains on both sides.
The drivers side was clear.
The passenger side did have some debris in there. I blew it out with air. Additionally sprayed water in both sides with a squeeze bottle.
Both sides run free.

Evap Drain:
Looked under the car and found the evaporator drain. it appears to be clear. Blew air into it.
From under the hood I opened up the top of the e-vap housing and poured in some soapy water. seems to be draining out just fine.

Testing:
Ran the hose on the car, looked good no leaks.
Soaped the windshield real good and pressurized the inside of the car. No bubbles appeared any where that I could see.

Last night we had a good rain ....... and guess what? more water coming in on the passenger side. about a cup full.

Two observations:
Musty smell coming from the A/C
Water dripping out from under the car for an extended period of time after a rain. Like a drain is clogged and slowly dripping out.

Questions:
What did I miss?
Where do the sunroof drains empty out?? I cant seem to find the end. Do I need to pull the fenders? Inner wheel wells?

Any Help would be appreciated.
Thank You

Re seal the air intake duct from the filter assembly under the cowl. Make sure you remove all the old sealant to insure a proper new seal. I found some videos for your reference:

Hope this helps you.
-SVETS

Yes Thank You
I did all of that It still leaks......
I may just sell it .......

Members online

Back