touch up paint?

cdixon

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Well some of the brats that live in my apartment complex decide it would be fun to throw rocks so I now have a ding on the side of my car. I already know that it is near imposible to touch up a tri-color pearl white finish but do any of ya'll know if there is a touch up paint that closely resembles the color that is easier to apply? It is a very small ding (ok a nick) and to be honest I only noticed it when I washed it.

Thanks Antdice. I'll go find the color code and see if they can help me out.

hi all since your talking about touch up paint in here i was just wondering
i had a new fender and bumber and a part of the hood refinished last week
how long do i have to wait till i can take it to a car was someone told me like 4 weeks becouse of not being able to wax it is this true

If it's just recently been painted it is good to wait a few weeks for the paint to fully cure on the car before waxing. You can wash it with very mild soap like car wash. I wouldn't recommend using detergents like dishwashing liquid.

GrayGhost1 said:
You can also look at www.paintscratch.com. They have a very good touch up system.

Ya, I got some from this web site for my tri coat paint. The great thing about a tri coat paint is you can build up the mid coat (several applications) to make it flush with the rest of the paint.

01lssport said:
Ya, I got some from this web site for my tri coat paint. The great thing about a tri coat paint is you can build up the mid coat (several applications) to make it flush with the rest of the paint.

Thanks for helping everyone. 01lssport, is it really hard to touch up the tri color if it's only a ding maybe 1/8" big?

Antdice said:
http://www.automotivetouchup.com/index.htm

Great site..great customer service.

I bought my LSE with some paint damage (deal was too good to pass up). I have some paint coming from these guys as we speak.

I used these guys as well. They even ask for the VIN so that they can mix up a batch that will really match. I was super satisfied with what I got.

I was going to use the duplicolor touch up paint, but the color didn't match at all. it was a lot lighter than the rest of the car. So, don't use duplicolor.

Will the dealership do any touching up for you? And which is better to get for little chips in the paint, the paint pen, the bottles, or the little sticks that contain small amounts of the paint?

try ebay i got mine for 8 bucks total and it was a perfect match... but you will also need to purchase a clear coat.. which cost about 10 bucks...

cdixon said:
Thanks for helping everyone. 01lssport, is it really hard to touch up the tri color if it's only a ding maybe 1/8" big?

It's not hard, just have to take your time.

I have tri coat on all the cars. My dad rear ended the town car but I can't touch it up. Is there any way to fix it up and looks good. I will start a new post and have pics of the rear bumber.

Members online

No members online now.
Back