Torn leather need suggestions please!

FrankLS

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
So i dont know how it happened but it did. The leather on my passenger seat is torn. It is about an 1" to 1 1/2" either way. Its on the actual seat not the backrest. Nobody really ever sits there.

Can i fix this in any way? Any suggestions, thanks

Copy of CIMG0043 (Medium).JPG

Copy of CIMG0048 (Medium).JPG

Copy of CIMG0049 (Medium).JPG

i know it sounds odd but this is what i originally had in mind. I was thinking that maybe, maybe i could get double sidded 3m tape and put it between the leather and the seat cushion along the tear
Then i could get some tan string and needle and put some stitching along the tear using the closest vent holes.

Dont know if it will work or if it would look good but just an idea.

Called the dealership and the leather cover to replace this peice he said was like $350. Dont remmember exact number cause i was surely not going to pay that much.

New seat cover. I tried a repair on mine and it looks like
vomit-smiley-17155.gif

yeah this sucks. the upholstery shops wont touch it. Even the furniture leather repair shop say they wont because the vent holes make it complicated. So mad. Just like all the members here i take good care of her :(

theres actually this one guys says he can get it done. Told me to go to his house and he'll do it for 60 bucks in 30 min. I dont know though, kinda odd.

Try leather mend, should be able to find at an automotive supply store.

Members online

No members online now.
Back