took the ls to the 1/8 mile track. got a couple videos

black_lincoln

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Yea this weekend me a bunch of buddies from work went to the track, and they were talkin junk about the ls so i ended up putting it on the track to shut them up. and it did.. lol... for the most part i just left it in d5 because thats when i got my best times. my best time was a 9.72 in the 1/8. average was 9.9. the videos i posted was of the ls and a camaro iroc ( guy built the motor himself) and a 2004 acura TL 270 HP. I also ran one of the older mustangs i think the second body style prior to the newest ones. and he beat me by a foot or so.. close race..overall i had fun and alotta people gained respect for the ls and dont just think i`m runnin my mouth. and also there was alotta people who didn`t know it had a v8 , so i might see a lil more ls`s around here in a lil bit.. :). another buddy in a v6 mustang tried to mess with me too..and i told him it was a waste of a run but he swore he could beat me so i had to shut him up real quick( he was so disappointed..lol). THEN after seein me woop everybody , this 22yr old rich kid comes up to me with a 2002 clk 430 amg .. lol.. i know i didn`t stand a chance but yea he wooped me. but only by 0.4 that race but 0.2 on my best time. i got a video of that too. i can post time slips if yall want .. just gotta scan them. All in all i am pleased with the ls`s peformance but i`m keeping my eye on that supercharger :p

Car specs: 2000 LS v8 w/kkm intake. AND SOME OK REAR TIRES. ( just havin a lil fun. :)

http://media.putfile.com/00LSV8-VS-IROC-CAMARO-
http://media.putfile.com/00-LS-V8-vs-04-ACURA-TL

oh i won that run. he beat me twice . it ended up 2-2 .i got faster times and more mph but he was killin me on r/t he was getting .3`s and i was at .5`s :-s . sucked on that part cause i know my car was faster. his best time was 9.8 but average 10.0. my mph was 74 average and his was 72. my first time on the track with the tree . still had fun though. with him.. it pretty much got down to who moved first would win. not bad for a v6 3.2 though. but he does have 270 hp stock. just about 20 more than the lsv8.. lol.

Nice!! A lot of people dont know the potential of the LS. My friends talk trash all the time but once were out on the road they get left behind really quick.

i did one run with the traction off and i got a good amount of wheel spin. i even got sideways one time. the track wasn`t the best so i just left it on. imma get some new rear tires next time to see it it makes much of a difference.

looks like the z28 had lots of wheel spin!!!!!thats why you won!

yea it was still funny though. i work with the guy and he is always doin stuff to it to increase power. he forgot to ask for a rematch so i`ll take the win till next time. i know he is faster though.

What were your 60' times like? That's a great 1/8 mile time in a '00, kills my 10.044 I ran on my best-ever 15.4 1/4 mile run. Good job.

my best 60 foot was 2.235. that was in d5. it kinda surprised me. and the 1/8 was exactly 9.700 almost 9.6.

Members online

No members online now.
Back