Too good to be true?

zrxinch

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this is not the correct place to put this but it would be a crime to not share this one...THIS is not my car BTW...just a fan.

Near San Diego.. $600 bad transmission...
http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/cto/4073807927.html

uploadfromtaptalk1379474617921.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1379474628114.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1379474637336.jpg

Sounds over priced to me

Damn! Are you kidding? That has a better body then mine! I'd take it for 6 bill's! I guess the $2100 I put in mine just with in the last year was for nothing then!! I guess the 15K I have tied up in this nightmare over the last 14 year's isn't worth it! And it probably isn't!! And the body still look's like sh!t!

Ok....I need to calm down a bit...sorry slow! nothing personal, just needed to vent....I apologize!

Like he said it needs paint and transmission
So unless you do body work go to Florida or Texas and spend 2k for a way better car.
$600 is a fair price but only if you do all your own work.
Don't forget at that miles probably has a lot of factory suspension parts

I think $600 would be dependent on the condition of the interior. If it is nasty, it is over priced.

Yeah sounds like the car has some other issues as well as a bad trans..needs paint, seats are junk, problem with abs probably if the light is on, coil converted which could be good or bad depending who you talk to here..so $600 is no great deal if it is non drivable in need of a trans. I just posted a beautiful looking rust free 94 garnet red mark with a bad trans with just over 100k for $1100, the car had flawless paint and interior as well as all intact trim and grille and perfect headlights..that was two days ago and its already sold..that was a deal..this one not so much. BTW what makes you think its hub swapped?

the brake light (red) is different than the abs light (amber).
they have very different causes.
it could be a not-all-the-way-off parking brake, or low fluid.

If you're in SD, it would seem to be a reasonable gamble. But, anywhere else, the transportation costs and uncertainties would rule it out from my point of view. I'm hoping some local hero can polish up this diamond in the rough and achieve some reasonable usage without breaking the bank. After all, my first '95 was sitting on the ground with Baldini racing tires and a sad clunk at cornering. For $450 and a lucky U-Pull find, I managed to get 17,000 miles and a thoroughly enjoyable ownership experience, plus I sold it for $1250 to a guy who is still enjoying it. That's what I call win-win. The possibilities completely depend on soundness of unibody and drivetrain and availability of inexpensive used parts along with a person's ability to wrench it themselves.

Unfortunately, someone who need parts will probably offer him $400, he will take it and they will part it out.

So what your saying is you will sell me your car for $400? :D

Nope. But of course I'm convinced that my evaluation of my car's value WAS correct. He might be in the ballpark too, but I think his just has too many negatives. It's not worth fixing and guys who part cars won't give him $600.

In my part of the world that car is worth $600 at least! But could probably get it for less. You all know there's more the $600 worth of parts on it!

Down here in the south, we have a number of them that aren't rusted and can be found if you have the time and inclination. I fully agree with Markviiiedrea above, 'If it doesn't move-not worth more than $500'. Depending on interior and other factors I would offer $300 minimum and I come with trailer and take it away and pay for the notary to get it in my name.

Down here in the south, we have a number of them that aren't rusted and can be found if you have the time and inclination. I fully agree with Markviiiedrea above, 'If it doesn't move-not worth more than $500'. Depending on interior and other factors I would offer $300 minimum and I come with trailer and take it away and pay for the notary to get it in my name.

He can get more then 3 bills from the recycling center...:)

I have to look at time to parts as well, looking at around 40-60 man hours to take one apart depending on what is rusty and worth taking. Plus I have to store some parts for many years before I get a sale.

Honestly though if I had a huge shop and the extra cash/time I would be parting these out every week, it's just fun. Unfortunately I have a mortgage and there are not as many marks up here as there are in the dirty south.

Members online

No members online now.
Back