Toggle and button under dash?

Salty Dogg

New LVC Member
Reaction score
So I was crawling around under the driver's side today and found these. Is it the reset for the impact switch?

wotdis.jpg

Definitely not OEM. Added by previous owner.

Flip the toggle and see if she will start. Might be a kill switch. Or, hit the switch and see if the tag is the same. LOL

I've tried flipping them both and pushing the button, car on and car off. As far as I can tell it doesn't do anything. I'm very lost. Also, no amp in the car. It was originally fleet owned if that helps any.

As it is not factory it could be almost anything!

The previous owner could have been a huge fan of the movie Death Race.

Hit the switch and see if it dumps the gas tank.....something along those lines.

Could be an aftermarket alarm switch to deactivate the alarm with only the key.

Could change the ground if there is an aftermarket nav system so he could watch DVDs while driving and it didn't work if the switched was flipped. Used to install them all the time. It was great that one time a friend got pulled over and the cop was convinced the movie was on while he was behind him.

Never heard of someone getting pulled over for that. I'd start by chasing wires. Perhaps they are for the electronic exhaust cutouts that have since been removed? One could only imagine.

It was probably that same cop that started giving out $55 jay walking tickets in Kalamazoo.

Could be an aftermarket alarm switch to deactivate the alarm with only the key.

i would put my money on this. switch is for valet..button is for when the keyfob battery is dead and key in the ignition wont turn off alarm..key in on position and hold button for a few seconds..deactivates alarm

I have the same exact thing in my lincoln continental. I was told it was for an alarm company that ford had cut a deal with back then and then put it in some of there cars. Does yours have an auto start by any chance?

chase the wires, but it does look like a programing button(black) and valet switch(red) for a remote starter.

It was probably that same cop that started giving out $55 jay walking tickets in Kalamazoo.

During Central/Western Weekend? Could see that, them mutherfuhrers! But hey the law's the law right? :rolleyes:

no matter what it is, it has a lot of exposed wire... I'd make sure there's no voltage going to any of them... dont want to fry anything if its unprotected

My old car starter had those same switches. I bet thats what it is. So now I would find the box get the name of maker and see if i can get new fob then have a car starter.

Members online

Back