To me, the best exhaust sound around!

I will be hard to get the VIII to sound like that. That sounds cammed for sure, likely headers, big pipes and a hollow chamber style muffler.

The 5.0 just has a different sound to start with so even if you cammed, headered, etc...it would still sound different but could get a similar effect.

Yeah thats what i suspected. Damn! The fact that the VII has an iron block might be significant to the sound too. Shame. I always wanted an american v8 that sounds like that. Oh well, maybe oneday...

The only thing I can think of is that the stangs mufflers sit further back under the car and have more pipe to travel through to get the tone deep. If you could get a dual in dual out 40 series tucked up some where in the middle of the car with straight pipes and no resonators, then a 2.5 " pipes to some 3 " tips atleast 8-12" long, I bet you would be on the right track for what your looking for. And I have to agree with roadboss, block makes no difference. I've had flows on eveything I own and have always gotten compliments on how mean it sounded.

Thanks for the replies guys. More research required i think. I heard a really nice exhaust the other day at a gas station. It was on a restored buick GS. The rumble was so loud and deep it was making our car shake! lol.

i since found out he is a member on here! What are dumps?

exhaust cut outs, often remotely controlled to dump the exhaust right after the manifold/header. driller has dumps on his viii, its in the exhaust sound sticky

Oh right. Yeah i have seen his clip. Thanks for defining dumps. Thats what i refer to as an active exhaust.

Our Modular motors will never have the deep lopey sound a big cubic inch push rod motor with a big cam has. In part due to utilization of computor controls over the engine management (fuel, air, spark). Even some of the wildest Modular cammed cars don't send women and children into hidding as does a Sonnie's Mountain Motor or similar equipped car does (rattles not just windows, but teeth).

that would be incorrect.there were NO dumps on that car,i would know it was mine.it had full exhaust,and an e-303 cam.no cats,but full exhaust.i miss that,i sold it to a friends girlfriend for $2,500.i had more than that in the motor alone!!!!:(

my old mark vii sounded the same with no muffs loved it but the mark viii with the high reving motor wines to fast maybe some cams might help give it that thumpy idle that why i'm keeping mine in sleeper mode might upgrade to true duals after cats to the stock stainless pipes and muffs wonder if that will change the sound at all

Here is my exhaust that was on my old car the AssassinVIIIor. It was cat back (third cat removed of course) with 2 back to back X-pipes, and Genos Assassin mufflers....yeah yeah, I know they look like Honda fart cans, but I liked them at the time, and I think it sounded mean as he11!!!:shifty:

Here is a HORRIBLE burnout, but you can hear the exhaust in the clip as I pull away.

Here is a run down the track at Atco by Geno himself in my car. After the LOUD arsed car goes by, you can hear the exhaust as the car goes down the track.

Members online

No members online now.
Back