To ESP or not

JaredLS

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Well I'm about to hit 49.9K and my warranty is gonna expire on Jun 19. So I've been thinking about getting the extended warranty -extra care for 7yr and 100,000 at a cost of $1900(fordwarranties.com after promo code). The question is should I? Nothing has gone wrong with my LS other than a temp gauge and the lug nuts. I have a V8 02.
also anybody know where i can get a better price or if a lower coverage would be worthwile with the common problems with the LS...
thanx

The trans alone costs way more than $1900. I would do it. The higher mileage LS's get pricey to repair.

I have been thinking about doing the same when my LS hits 50k. I had gotten a quote from my local FLM dealer for $2600+ for 4yrs 100k miles for the Premium Care. The Complete Care was around $2100+. So the that site seems like a good deal.

I think you may have spelled it wrong however:

http://www.fordwarrantys.com/ seems to be the site.

Has anyone bought one from them?

I got my from Route 23 Auto Mall in nj. They are a Ford dealer. I brought it from their web site last year. I got a BaseCare - 6 Years / 100,000 Miles - $50 Deductible for $1000.

The decision of whether to do it or not is yours. The only comment I would make, however, would be to make sure that whatever extended warranty you get, it is backed by the factory. Third party warranties that are not factory-backed have given endless headaches to members of this forum and other LS owners.

Hmm, my warranty is about to expire, but the car only has 33K miles on it. I'm thinking I probably won't invest in an ESP since my mileage is relatively low...?

That sounds like a good deal on the ESP from the auto mall though.

I bought the 100k premium care warranty from fordwarrantys for my loaded 05 LS. It covers the DVD Nav system, 3rd party warrantys would not, thats why they are cheaper.

Members online

No members online now.
Back