To All You Cali People Or Knowlegeble To All You Cali People Or Knowledgeable Who Hav

joshluvsla

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I HAD MY SMOG CHECK DONE ABOUT A MONTH AGO... NO PROBLEMS... I ONLY HAVE A KKM IN TERMS OF ENGINE AFTERMARKET PRODUCTS. MY QUESTION IS IF I GET THE MAGNAFLOW CB EXHAUST WILL THAT CAUSE MY CAR TO FAIL EMISSIONS TESTS IN A FEW YEARS? ALSO IF I GET THE V8 - Polished Aluminum Cold Air Intake Tube TO GO WITH MY KKM FILTER WILL THAT ALSO AFFECT IT? ARE BOTH CARB CERTIFIED? DONT WANT TO BUY IT AND THEM HAVE TO TAKE IT OFF. WHAT ABOUT THE SCT Xcal 2 Tuner?

1st: CAPS = SHOUTING!!!!!!

2nd: In CA, you can't put anything on the car that's not CARB certified. Magnaflow is CARB certified, the KKM intake and full exhaust tube is not. But, it's easy to switch it out for emissions inspections.

To the best of my knowledge, a cat back does not need to be CARB certified since it's behind the converters. Am I wrong?

I know..... I know.......

Speaking form experience about a month ago I went through this. The intake and filter will fail visual, but the emissions on the magna flow were fine. All I did was put my stock setup on and passed no problem. five min. fix......

Members online

No members online now.
Back