Tires

Invos will be good as long as it doens't get real cold/snow. ;)

The only winter mine will see is if I have to pull it out of the garage to work on something else.
But I'd rather let my wifes van sit outside in the cold. :rolleyes:

I like Firestone Wide Oval Indy 500's. I have 245/45-17's and 275/40-17's F&R.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/BigPi...restone&tireModel=Firehawk+Wide+Oval+Indy+500

I always wanted to try the Firestones but never did. Only heard good things about them.

Hi all:woowoo2:,

Size:24545zr17
Brand and Model:Kumho esta
Approximate Price:$600'sh
Mileage so far on the tires:20k
Dry Traction on a scale of 4-10
Wet Traction on a scale of 3-10
Snow Traction on a scale of n/a
Additional Comments: Dont think about it!!!, If you like fast and the furious, this is the tire for you, scary!!!

Size:23555zr17
Brand and Model:BF goodrich g-force sports
Approximate Price Paid:$200 on craigslist 95% thread, was able to get insurance for all four tires
Mileage so far on the tires:15000
Dry Traction on a scale of 6-10
Wet Traction on a scale of 3-10
Snow Traction on a scale of 1-10
Additional Comments:Thougth this was a good buy, but a fast and furious contender part 2. horrible?looks great but if you like spinning out and please dont take any curves in the wet, fair warning

Size;24545zr17
Brand and Model:Fire hawks wide oval
Approximate Price Paid:$700'ish new with insurance
Mileage so far on the tires:30k
Dry Traction on a scale of 9-10
Wet Traction on a scale of 9-10
Snow Traction on a scale of n/a
Additional Comments:One of the best tire i have owned, i dont believe they make this specific model, theyve got the indy and some other sort of wide oval but looked at the comparison, it has changed. love this and yes you can truly drive like the fast and the furious in both drive and wet!!!!

Size:23555zr17
Brand and Model: Pirelli pzero nero
Approximate Price Paid$200, bought on craigslist 98%new from a mustang owner, upgrading his wheels to 18's
Mileage so far on the tires:4000, currently on my 96T-bird with the 03 Cobra's
Dry Traction on a scale of 7-10
Wet Traction on a scale of 7-10
Snow Traction on a scale of 7-10
Additional Comments:was a little disappointed, the wide ovals were alot better, not as confidents on wet turns as with the wide ovals and michelins. and they are rated the best in its class?i spin out a lot coming from a complete stop on turns?hmmm?not too impressed.

Size:24545zr18 front;25545zr18 rear
Brand and Model:Michelin pilot A/S plus
Approximate Price Paid:$1,100+with a 70 doll ar rebate
Mileage so far on the tires:NEW, currently on my mark VIII with the Talon612
Dry Traction on a scale of 8-10
Wet Traction on a scale of 9-10
Snow Traction on a scale of 7-10
Additional Comments: got these tires on an 06 XJ8L Jaguar for about six months now and very impressed, specially in the rain. the outer walls are really beafy, i compaired them to the continental tires DWS which are rated very highly but they are out of stock in most area's. but if you look at the side walls, the DWS are build like the pirelli pzero nero, but the A/S are more stockier/beefier so they dont roll as much when your taking turns. compare them.

Overall,
If money is not an issue, go with the Michelin Pilot A/s or the Continental DWS. If your on a bugget, go with the Firehawk wide ovals. If you want to go cheap, dont go with either the Kumho's or the BF's listed above. somethings that are worth spending money on for me are good tires, specially for our heavy cars and last for many years or so. good luck and Happy hunting:leghumper

regards,
ramon;)

LVC members get a discount on firestones through me.....

keep this in mind

Tires came today.
So did my new floor mats.

IMG_0437.jpg

IMG_0435.jpg

IMG_0436.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back