tires

michaelanezinis

LVC Member
Reaction score
question for you guys... I'm looking for new tires for my 2006 ls.
I have a set of winter tires/rims so I do not have a need for an allseason tire. Any suggestions? or tires to stay away from? My car is also lowered and I live in pothole ohio. thanks

firehawk wide ovals!!!

Hi Michael,

The tires i would recommend would be the firestone,firehawk wide oval. its rated at 340AAA and absolutely the best that i had found in the rain and dry traction and cornering in the rain were fantastic. One day, some jerk in his pic up track was being a jerk and tailing me so i had sped up to loose him. so he continued to tail gate me and ended in a cat and mouse chase. my car handled so well in a winter storm rain here in california and finally the guy gave up of frustration. If it wasnt for these tires, i would had been rear ended by the jerk face.:cool: I bought a set of the kumho's and BF goodrich sports and they were the worst in the rain and wished that i had bought another set of the firehawks. If you cant afford a set of the wideovals, check out newtakeoff.com has a set of four of the pirelli tires p23555zr17 for around $340 for the set, it used to be $299 they had raised the price recently. seemed to be OK in the rain at low cost. since it doesn't snow here in the bayarea, CA,i would absolutely recomment firehawks wideoval and they are worth every penny.

regards,
ramon

pics of my hoopty's
http://forums.tccoa.com/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=264

Members online

No members online now.
Back