TIRES!!! Great deal on Tirerack

NYC PM me if you do some time and let me know how you like them overall. I dont know what i want to spend my money on but they better last and better perform.

I'm a baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad man.

:lol:

I'll PM you when and if I get the car on a highway that isn't backed up and/or riddled with potholes. :D

I had the KDWS on my 96 Impala SS when I lived in Portland Or. Not ture apples to apples but...

They were OK tires and wore about average miles. They handled pretty well and if I recall were quieter than the tires they replaced, forget but think Goodyear.

The KDWS is a mud and snow performance tire good for all season. The standard KDW was a "pure" performance tire good only where mud and snow are not an issue.

Driving the SS with the KDWS in snow and Ice was OK most of the time. I was able to do my daily commute of 40+ miles RT OK as long as I took it easy. I was able to get around when many ricers and other RWD cars seemed to just skid around in the parking lot.

Still, I bought some Blizzaks and the winter handling was much improved.

BTW I have some Goodyear Eagle something touring tires with the "carbon edge"?? And they are wearing out pretty fast on my LS. They aer also fairly noisy.

Just my opinion,

Jim Henderson

I'll PM you when and if I get the car on a highway that isn't backed up and/or riddled with potholes. :D

thanks Jim for the info. and I dont know about what you do on your off time NYC but if you do ever that good looking hotrod of yours on a real road and do some mileage driving insted of the stop go city crap. do let me know. Im also considering the Kuhmo Escata

well after searching and scratching my brain (just hard enough) I decided to go with the Cooper CS4, Getting it in factory size but sounds about like the best UHP ALL Season All Sorts of Traction tire that i can get. getting them on next week so i cant wait. see how the back two go first, get some more miles out of the Michls. and get two more.

well after searching and scratching my brain (just hard enough) I decided to go with the Cooper CS4, Getting it in factory size but sounds about like the best UHP ALL Season All Sorts of Traction tire that i can get. getting them on next week so i cant wait. see how the back two go first, get some more miles out of the Michls. and get two more.

Where are you getting them? Good price?

well im getting them from a local tire dealer in NE. Graham tire co. getting them for the same price as I found lowest on the internet for 139.tire only. got them on today and they are asome so far. lots of stability, traction, feel great compared to the MXM4's. I would reccoment them and only have 12 miles on them so far.

Has anyone tried Michelin Pilot Sport A/S on your LS. im kinda interested in these along with the Good year Eagle f1 All season, and Ultra Grip GW3's. Any comments on any of them?

I just reshoed the LS with the latest version of Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus ! which were just released on 9-1-08
Warranty is 45k miles. A much better tread life design.
Costco killed Tire Rack on the price. $215 each installed minus $80 rebate through Oct. They ride nice and quiet.
Handling is much improved.

Is anyone actually running these BF Goodrich KDWS in the 255/45-17 on their LS? I need to buy something good and cheap, and these fit the bill. The tires are pretty good on my Marauder, so no worries there, just looking for anyone that has run ANY 255/45-17 on their LS and if the clearances are OK. I ran 245/45-17s on my LS before, so I know that size (which is listed on the door placard as an acceptable size substitute for sport LS) is ok. My current rubber is at the wear bars out in the back, and I actually lost traction exiting a ramp to the highway last friday night, not unlike giving it too much gas on snow. With another 2 months of running the summer tires, I can't be chancing the probable kick-out under power in turns and how easy it would be to smack another car that was waiting at a stop sign while I was turning into their road. For the price, these tires cannot be beat.

Yes I'm running these in the rears, and love them. My car is lowered 1.75" and not even close to having issues so you have no reason to worry. When it comes time to replace my front tires, I will get another set of these if they are still available.

Yes I'm running these in the rears, and love them. My car is lowered 1.75" and not even close to having issues so you have no reason to worry. When it comes time to replace my front tires, I will get another set of these if they are still available.

Thanks, bro. Just what I needed to hear. :Beer

just looking for anyone that has run ANY 255/45-17 on their LS and if the clearances are OK.
Someone here is running 255/45s but I cant remember who. That's what made me decide to order mine. I'd say I'm running them, but they're still in the closet waiting to be put on. :p One of these days...

I had 255/45/17's on the 02 Black LS in my photo gallery. They look much better than 235 or 245's.

i posted this before, but i had the gforce kdws and switched to the gforce super sport a/s. so far i dont notice a difference aside from being quieter. and they're cheaper.

Members online

No members online now.
Back