Tire Sizes

GMAN

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I know this has probably been discussed before. For that I am sorry. I will be buying new tires this weekend. I am torn between keeping the stock size or go to a bigger width on the same 16" wheel. I would like to know from some of my fellow Mark enthusiasts, What are your tire sizes? What is the best size for me?

GMAN :feedback

GMAN said:
I know this has probably been discussed before. For that I am sorry. I will be buying new tires this weekend. I am torn between keeping the stock size or go to a bigger width on the same 16" wheel. I would like to know from some of my fellow Mark enthusiasts, What are your tire sizes? What is the best size for me?

GMAN :feedback

If your staying with the stock 16" wheels, stick with the size tire you have, any wider & your mpg goes down

Im running a BFG KDWS 245/50/16 they fit just fine on the stock rims and I have not notsed any change in my MPG at all

I am running 245/50/16 Yokohama Avid V4s' and have not noticed any change either. That size is about the biggest size you will be able to fit on the factory rim....without compromise.

Also, if you are going with that size, I would recommend the Yoko Avid V4s' in that size. I have used damn near every type of tire on the market, and have to say that these are simply the best in the price range. They have some of the highest ratings I have ever seen in a performance tire. They are V rated tires and have a tread wear rating of 500....and here I though anything over 300 was good for a performance tire.....and these have 500.....like WHOA! They have EXCEPTIONAL grip in the rain too. I made a pretty spirited trip when I first bought them and let me tell you, if they have them in the next size, I will be buying them once again. I got mine at Tire Rack for like $97 each.....and I think they are cheaper now....since they had JUST come out when I purchased them.
:Beer

dertyclown said:
Im running a BFG KDWS 245/50/16 they fit just fine on the stock rims and I have not notsed any change in my MPG at all

Its a matter of physics, the more surface you have on the road, the more drag, hence, lower mpg, it may be insignificant but none the less you will get less mpg!!

245/50-16 Kumho' 711's....my MPG has not changed one bit, my handling has improved 2 fold, my ride is smoother, and the steering/braking is much more responsive.

225/60
235/55
245/50

those are the options.

GMAN said:
Well, I decided to stick to factory specs. I bought Goodyear Assurance Triple Treads. I decided not to go too drastic.

There is nothing drastic at all about 245/50's They work fine and look MEAN as hell too!

Heres my car back in the day with them mounted on my Octastar wheels.

geno2.jpg

geno4.jpg

ONEBADMK8 said:
There is nothing drastic at all about 245/50's They work fine and look MEAN as hell too!

Heres my car back in the day with them mounted on my Octastar wheels.

geno2.jpg

geno4.jpg

I know, they would look wicked as hell, but I decided to stay with the original look. I like the Triple Treads, I still get great handling with them. What I am going to do next, is get rid of the American Racing Snipers and look for some chrome directionals. So, if anyone is intrested in My Snipers. drop me a line.

GMAN

Members online

No members online now.
Back