Tire Size

jkastell

LVC Member
Reaction score
I know this has been discussed 100 times before what tire size can i put on stock chrome 10 spoke wheels. I have stock size now but want to go with a bigger tire

For what it is worth, I once read that the rim width should not be less than 80% of the tire width. In our case the 7 inch rim is 177.8mm which is 79% of the 225mm tire width. The reason cited for this was that it would result in squiggly/noodly sidewalls and poor cornering. So theoretically, those with wider tires on the stock rims may be experiencing problems, anyone? I suppose for the sake of better performance one might consider wider rims for wider tires, I might want 8 - 9 inch rims myself if I was going to make the plunge for the rubber. Just a thought.

I just bought a set of 20 " rims for my 93 MKIII. Do you think that it might be of benefit to have a thread with rim sizes and possible tire combinations from stock to 20's? Should I start a new thread to ask for the size of tire that I am looking for?

Thanks, Doc

275 30 Zr20

275s 002.jpg

I checked you garage pics. That is one of the best looking cars out there. What offset are you runnung to let those fit? Also what if any modifications were made to make them fit. Once again; beautiful classy looking car!

Doc

Members online

No members online now.
Back