Tire Rack

Jibit

Dearly Departed Friend
Reaction score
The Tire Rack in South Bend, IN has a lot where they set up an autocross course. I'm inquiring about how much it may cost and how many people are required. From what I gathered already, they take time and give you points based on it, you are only required to provide proof of liability insurance and clean up the track. I'll let everyone know as I get more information. Anyone interested?

Joeychgo said:
this might sound silly, but clean up the track how??
I think we set up the course as far as cones go, don't know yet. The guy is out til Monday.

ha, i live right next to Between The Buns, they opened up a new one by Notre Dame campus now. Yeah, i just found out that there is a Tire Rack 2 minutes away from me. Whats up guys?

unityerased said:
ha, i live right next to Between The Buns, they opened up a new one by Notre Dame campus now. Yeah, i just found out that there is a Tire Rack 2 minutes away from me. Whats up guys?

I use to live right by the between the buns by ND.its been open for atleast two years .Jibit and I went there all the time.

OK, I talked with the guy yesterday and he said everything is free. Its only available on Saturday and Sunday because they use it for their own testing. As far as clean-up, he just said that they ask you to clean up after yourselves so that it looks the same as when you got there. He said that they need proof of liability insurance and addtional insurance is available through them. Now as far as the scheduling goes. He told me that we should reserve a date by November for next year because it fills up quick. No minimum for the amount of people but he suggested between 20 and 30 but he has seen well over 100 cars use the facility on a weekend. I suppose if we can't get a large amount of people we could always join another group. So what do you guys think? BTW, I asked for group/club discounts and I was denied :mad:

Sound Like an Idea - Like the Idea of a National Meet!

So what's the deal with the Midwest - Should we find a time when we can meet or set up a meeting in the chat room where we can discuss plans for the Midwest and up coming meets or better organize the Midwest?

I see some great ideas popping up.

Also with Joey and Bryan working with the membership on the National level and Chapter level maybe we need some members giveing relief and working at the Chapter Level.

We had some forum discussion on organization of the Midwest but it seems not to be finalized (unless I missed something).

Don't know?

Last edited:
mespock said:
Should we find a time when we can meet or set up a meeting in the chat room where we can discuss plans for the Midwest and up coming meets or better organize the Midwest?
Are you able to get together in the Chat Thursday night? Between 5 and 6?

yeah, lets get something together here... I live 30 sec away from ND campus. But, about 5-10miles east from my house, theres a speedway for locals, its actually located right next to my job. I was told that they have a dragstrip as well. Lets get something going here and make it click.. heh.

Members online

Back