Tire last longer than the rims!

Warden

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
So about a year ago my MKS developed a slow leak in the drivers front tire. I would just add some air every now and then and live with it. Then the passenger side developed a slow leak too so I decided to try the fix-a-flat in hopes that it would seal and stop leaking (which it did). But a few days ago (after the fix-a-flat had been in the tires for months) the tire pressure sensor started faulting. So in it went to the dealership. I asked for two new front tires since they had 45k on them and I figured it was the tires that were bad. I go to pick up the car at the end of the day and notice the front rims looked brand spankin new (car was sitting out front as I was going inside). They told me they needed to replace both front rims due to them not holding the pressure with the new tires. um, ok. The rims were peeling (this I knew, actually the chrome was flaking after the first couple months I got it) and had DEEP cracks at the bead. So they replaced the front rims under warranty. So it dawns on me that if it was the rims causing the slow leak that the tire were probably still ok. And since it is a company car and the lease is up in 5 months it didn't make sense to drop $540 on 2 freaking tires. So after a lengthy conversation I politely convinced them to get my old tires and put them back on the car. The tires will definately last me the remaining 5k miles I will put on them. And since the company just dropped $10k on a desktop and laptop for MY HOME I figured i'd try and save them as much money as possible.

So can you believe that on a 2008 Lincoln that the tires would last longer than the freakin rims? I can not.
I love this car, have no other issues with it other than this. Damn fast car too. Nice ride, the seats are rather hard and uncomfortable after a few hours. I will most likely go back to a Grand Cherokee when this lease is up.

Nice story. Crazy though.

I'd like to know what the specs are on those machines, you know the desktop and laptop that cost $10k.

Members online

Back