Tire Choices.

StraDog

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
By late October, early November, a set of 18's will be put on the Mark. My question here is: Will I be safe running 255/40's on the 18's and have no rubbing or clearance issues ? What size is perfect for 18's on the Mark ?

I was checking out the Sumitomo HTR Z II's in the 255/40/18's and the Ecsta MX's in 245/40/18's. Both of which are of reasonable prices, so I want to try and get the best out of my money and not spend tooo much.

So how wide can I go with 18's without having any clearance issues ? I would like to possibly go with 255's all the way around so I can still rotate.

I'm not that wealthy to be putting a new set of 275's in the rear every other year or so...

Any suggestions or comments is always appreciated. Thanks for your time.

:V

Falken Azenis ST115's 255/45/18. $165 each. Designed for drifting, ie great feel. Has air encapsulated in the tread, ie very quite for a 18 low profile. Awesome in the rain due to two very wide and deep channels on either outer third of the tire. Very good wear characterisics. I have 15k miles on them and they are like new, which is good for a high performance tire and also considering the weight and torque of our cars.

Best tires I have ever owned and that size is very close to the stock height so you won't mess with the VSS and speedo much that is why I bought that size.

Search google.com for a tire size conversion calculator so you can get something that is close to stock height.

Tractionless said:
Falken Azenis ST115's 255/45/18. $165 each. Designed for drifting, ie great feel. Has air encapsulated in the tread, ie very quite for a 18 low profile. Awesome in the rain due to two very wide and deep channels on either outer third of the tire. Very good wear characterisics. I have 15k miles on them and they are like new, which is good for a high performance tire and also considering the weight and torque of our cars.

Best tires I have ever owned and that size is very close to the stock height so you won't mess with the VSS and speedo much that is why I bought that size.

Search google.com for a tire size conversion calculator so you can get something that is close to stock height.

Exactly what I needed to hear. Thanks a ton for your help bud. :Beer

You got any pics of your wheel/tire combo on the car ?

StraDog said:
Exactly what I needed to hear. Thanks a ton for your help bud. :Beer

You got any pics of your wheel/tire combo on the car ?
I have 255/45/17's on my Mark and the wheel/tire combo is chrome bullitts and Goodyear Eagle F1 GS D3. They have excellent dry/wet grip and have an awesome directional tread pattern. If you want to send me your email address I would be more than happy to show you how they look......

Members online

No members online now.
Back