tips and tricks on pulling the irs?

dnehthend

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
the bolts are on there pretty good, any tips or tricks I should know about aside from the normal stuck bolt stuff?

I just tie a rope to it and the other end of the rope to a tree truck. Works pretty good for removal.

I just tie a rope to it and the other end of the rope to a tree truck. Works pretty good for removal.

Hehe, Mythbusters tried that and could never get it to work. :)

Heat will reduce the strength of the bonds of any rust that is in there.

dont use wd40 not a penetrating oil use air kroil or pb blaster or lps
other than that take all the bolts out and it will come out

Hehe, Mythbusters tried that and could never get it to work. :)

Heat will reduce the strength of the bonds of any rust that is in there.
rust, what's that? :p

arizona_flag_avatar_normal.png

I just took mine out of my '95 SC.

Use a breaker bar instead of an Air gun. 15mm bolt heads.

HPIM1229s.jpg

HPIM1221s.jpg

HPIM1223s.jpg

DLF if you make Delrin subframe bushings I don't care how much they are, I WILL be buying some...

Also if you are cutting the subframe out with a torch and its on a 93 with the factory adjustable shock DO NOT cut them, they will explode in your face, and you WILL get burned and not have eyebrows for a while... ask me how I know?

DLF if you make Delrin subframe bushings I don't care how much they are, I WILL be buying some...

Also if you are cutting the subframe out with a torch and its on a 93 with the factory adjustable shock DO NOT cut them, they will explode in your face, and you WILL get burned and not have eyebrows for a while... ask me how I know?

My friend did that on a 90 SC we were parting out. Luckily we already had the interior out of it so there was nothing else there to burn, but that was quite the fireball.

My friend did that on a 90 SC we were parting out. Luckily we already had the interior out of it so there was nothing else there to burn, but that was quite the fireball.

Well my face was literally 18" from the shock when I did it... it happened so quick I didn't have a :q:q:q:qing clue what had just happened... I was in a DAZE...

When it happened to my friend, he was pulling the rear suspension and I was pulling the ABS unit out of the car, and he knelt down next to the car with the torch to cut the shock, and it was slow motion like in an action movie. "No don't torch the BOOOMWHOOOSH!" ::Runs across shop to get fire extinguisher:: He didn't get burned luckily, but it knocked him back and he had no idea what had happened.

I'm actually making them out of UHMW, which is better suited for the application.

OK, when? ;)

I have a pre-order discount going on now. See THIS post for details.

BTW, Be more careful! :eek:

Members online

No members online now.
Back