tinting your own winwows

Motts

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
anyone know how? is it easy? My LS is the dark Blue color dont know the name of the color sorry.... We have a dream cruise coming up all types of cars, dont know the exact date..... I am planning on putting some 20" rims and maybe going with airbags, havent decided yet... I have a custom civic as well www.cardomain.com/id/rowin2k anyways let me know about the tinting ?

Motts said:
anyone know how? is it easy? My LS is the dark Blue color dont know the name of the color sorry.... We have a dream cruise coming up all types of cars, dont know the exact date..... I am planning on putting some 20" rims and maybe going with airbags, havent decided yet... I have a custom civic as well www.cardomain.com/id/rowin2k anyways let me know about the tinting ?

dont do it!!! you do it yourself, it will LOOK like you did it yourself. pay the money, get it done right with NO bubbles, no fading... that is hard to do without the tools, and to do it right WITHOUT the tools, takes A LONG Time... i wouldnt risk it... it will look like crap!!!! paya shop to do it right.

Don't do it !!! My son does it professionally. I've tried it several time, did okay but I leave it to him. Back windows are a bitch.... Plus the tint you buy at Wal-Mart or Autozone etc. is garbage, and very hard to work with.

I'm a DIY type of guy and I've seen it done many times, but there are some things that you should leave to the pro's and this is one of them.

Plus, if it is messed up and bubbles down the road its alot easier to bitch at someone than scrape it of yourself.

ok ok ok i think i'll go and get it done professionally....
how do you guys think it would look with that silver to black mirror lookin tint cars dark blue it'll have 20" rims within the week or maybe the black to silver hmmmm......

You definatly want a pro to do that fadeing mirror tint. Theres nothing worse than having a fine vehicle with that tint and the fade is crooked or worse looks like steps. With one window higher than the rest.

I personally don't like the fade tint but I've seen some cars that looked pretty sharp. I like 5% all the way around. (nothing on the windshield)

I saw a silver 2001 ls v8 for sale at a used dealership with 99k miles for sale they wanted 11995 for it, too many miles for me!!! but it was real sharp with the silver to black fade on some 20" spinner rims, I personally dont like the spinner rims but it sure was sharp!!!! I'll take a picture and post it later when i get off work!!

Members online

Back