Tinted Twotone taillights

gt95coupe

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I had them tinted by jonstintedtails.com. I know I need to remove the amber from them headlights but I want new ones before I put the angel eyes etc in.

Lincoln LS 009.jpg

Lincoln LS 010.jpg

Lincoln LS 011.jpg

Lincoln LS 012.jpg

Lincoln LS 013.jpg

Lincoln LS 014.jpg

looks rerally really well i have been wanting to get my taillights done but cant afford taking them off for two weeks

Wicked_LS said:
looks rerally really well i have been wanting to get my taillights done but cant afford taking them off for two weeks
It didnt take 2 weeks for me jons tinted tails were fast I had them back within a week

the pic of the back of your car makes me want to keep my chrome now. arghh
why are u keeping the amber in ur headlights.

I think it would look cool to tint the red part and leave the clear part normal.

i wrote hom and he told me it would be about two weeks but i am also in fl so that might be thwe difference in transit

That looks great. Jon does an excellent job on tinting.

JaredLS said:
the pic of the back of your car makes me want to keep my chrome now. arghh
why are u keeping the amber in ur headlights.
I want the angel eyes, HID etc but I also want NEW headlights (these have the black sealent) so until I can find new ones for a good price Im gonna stick to the ugly amber

KD00LS said:
I think it would look cool to tint the red part and leave the clear part normal.
I thought of this as well but I dont really like the clear part on the inner lights it looks to silver as compared to the outers

GrayGhost1 said:
That looks great. Jon does an excellent job on tinting.
Yes He does he is also a great email communicator b/c I had ALOT of questions?! and he would answer them very quickly.

I have the set that ken got done on a silver ls and I don't regret it one bit. The lights look so much better.

For the guy who can't be with out his car for 2 weeks just buy a set off of ebay and get them painted the sell yours when you get the new ones in. It might cost you 20 for the shipping, but Hey it might be worth it.

I like those tails! I been tossing around the idea of getting mine done as well. I really like that you did the reverse lights as well. Those are done medium/dark correct? I dont think I'd do them quite that dark but they do look good. What was the total cost after everything was said and done if you dont mind my asking?

n8

n8bachelor said:
I like those tails! I been tossing around the idea of getting mine done as well. I really like that you did the reverse lights as well. Those are done medium/dark correct? I dont think I'd do them quite that dark but they do look good. What was the total cost after everything was said and done if you dont mind my asking?

n8
No the tails and backup are MEDUIM and the side markers are medium dark (sorry bout the fuzzy pic). If I were to do it over I would go with meduim light on the tails and medium on the back up lights but overall I am really happy with the outcome.

(correction thay are meduim dark)
Also it cost about 212 shipped both ways

I have a complete setup of tail lights off of my '02. If anyone wants an extra set to tint or to use on their car let me know. Send some offers. They are in great shape.

Looks sweet! Reminds me ... I've got to get out and tint mine one of these weekends now that the weather is nice. :rolleyes:

If i remember, all you do is lift the carpeting over the lights and remove the plastic (?) screws/nuts.
Don't remember why I took mine off but I remember it was easy.

John's actually doing mine! Im just lightly tinting the top portion and leaving the bottom red, then Im getting clear bumper and turn lenses tinted to match. Good job, I kinda got scared but yours are completely different.

Looks good. For those of you who don't have the time or money, the other option is to go down to your local hobby shop and you can buy the transparent tint and do it yourself. I had a 2003 Ram and I did that on the taillights and the third brake light and it turned out very well. Just make sure you clean the lights real good first. I think the can of paint was like $10.

taillight removal is super easy. remove the beauty board then there are three nuts to unscrew. i suggest being careful to not drop any between the inner and outer fender. i only have 2 of the nuts on each tail b.c of this reason. also just hand tighten the nuts b.c the screws in the taillight housing are easy to strip out.

taillight removal is super easy. remove the beauty board then there are three nuts to unscrew. i suggest being careful to not drop any between the inner and outer fender. i only have 2 of the nuts on each tail b.c of this reason. also just hand tighten the nuts b.c the screws in the taillight housing are easy to strip out.

+1 The inner ones are the PITA there are two nuts to take off and there are two clips that are hard to get to that have to be compressed to get the lights off the trunk.

Yeah how do you get that clip out for the middle lights? I was looking at mine the other day. There was not much room to finagle a set of pliers in there.

You don't take it off. You just remove the two nuts and then remove the light. The clip you are talking about is attached to the light and just keeps in wedged into the trunk lid.

Members online

No members online now.
Back