Tinted Tails

St. Lou-LS

LVC Member
Reaction score
So i just washed her and got my tails tinted the other day, here are some pics

DSC01101.jpg

DSC01102.jpg

I meant to post the pics of mine yesterday but forgot. Ill try to get to it tonight. Did you just do all medium or what.

A shop called Elite Customs out where i live. I went with the medium/dark. I also had him do my sidemarkers as well

Looks nice!

Does anyone have pictures of a Black ls without chrome with her tail lights tinted? I would be curious to see pictures. Thanks.

"I dont suggest doing this with out wet sanding and proper preping".

It wont last long at all with out scratch chipping and just fadeing or pealing, you need to prep this stuff or your gunna get the orange peel effect, even if you take your time and it seems well its not gunna last that way.

I also suggest a proffesional shot of clear coat

I like them on my car....but the black is HOT for sure! I love the tinted tails on a black LS. Looks nice!

It wont last long at all with out scratch chipping and just fadeing or pealing, you need to prep this stuff or your gunna get the orange peel effect, even if you take your time and it seems well its not gunna last that way.

u get these sprayed ?

the answer is..

A shop called Elite Customs out where i live. I went with the medium/dark. I also had him do my sidemarkers as well

Actually there are people in my car club that have had their tails done like this for over a year and they look just as good now as they did the day they did them. Also They are clear coated, just because I dont paint for a "shop" doesnt mean that I am not just as capable of doing them like a "professional".

Actually there are people in my car club that have had their tails done like this for over a year and they look just as good now as they did the day they did them. Also They are clear coated, just because I dont paint for a "shop" doesnt mean that I am not just as capable of doing them like a "professional".

Its a suggestion for other people that are takeing your advice, I never said anything about you beeing wrong.

Lots of people have been complaining about the out come from doing it on their own. This is why the outcome eventualy turns out bad.

Ive been experimenting with this stuff for about 2 months now and I know how its gunna turn out ( im not saying Im a pro). It dont matter if its sparkling clean, its still not gunna stick just right and smooth. It dont matter if its clear coated by you and I dont care if you can do it just as good as a pro. It dont take that much, you probably can. But the quality of clear coating sucks when its just sprayed on with a can as opposed to the quality of professional "EQUIPMENT".

How many runs are in it honestly?

How many specks of dirt got on it between coats that got sprayd in place?

Its a suggestion for other people that are takeing your advice, I never said anything about you beeing wrong.

Lots of people have been complaining about the out come from doing it on their own. This is why the outcome eventualy turns out bad.

Ive been experimenting with this stuff for about 2 months now and I know how its gunna turn out ( im not saying Im a pro). It dont matter if its sparkling clean, its still not gunna stick just right and smooth. It dont matter if its clear coated by you and I dont care if you can do it just as good as a pro. It dont take that much, you probably can. But the quality of clear coating sucks when its just sprayed on with a can as opposed to the quality of professional "EQUIPMENT".

How many runs are in it honestly?

How many specks of dirt got on it between coats that got sprayd in place?

Why do you assume I rattle can cleared mine? There is not a single run on my lights anywhere. Also as for dirt, I can guarantee if you were to run your hand down the side of my car and down my tail light, you will feel no difference. I wetsanded in between coats and hand buffed the lights when I was done.

If you would follow up correctly on the post this was intened on I asked you if you wet sanded, since you now state that you did I dont see there beeing any problem.

Now there, why is it such a big deal anyway?

Members online

No members online now.
Back