tinted tail lights (searched)

00ls5spd

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I looked at all the threads of you guys with tinted tail lights. I have a silver fronst metallic LS and I am wondering if a light tint would look good or not.

opinions???

I can't find a pic of a silver LS with tinted ones either. I looked at the one website jontintedtails.....he has a silver acura on there, but I need to see what the big LS lights would look like. I tinted my marker lights and I like the way it looks, but I am just worried if I do the tails it will be too much...

00ls5spd said:
I looked at all the threads of you guys with tinted tail lights. I have a silver fronst metallic LS and I am wondering if a light tint would look good or not.

opinions???

I can't find a pic of a silver LS with tinted ones either. I looked at the one website jontintedtails.....he has a silver acura on there, but I need to see what the big LS lights would look like. I tinted my marker lights and I like the way it looks, but I am just worried if I do the tails it will be too much...

I was gonna do mine if they complied with the law. Ken Garrison has a set for sale, I think they'd look good.

Yeah I know about Kens...His are a little darker then I wanted to go, his look good with the darker car colors. I just want a light tint to take away some of the redness.....I think really dark ones would look good with your car though since you have the Black on Silver theme going...

I have a silver ls and was thinking about buying kens lights. I think they would look good, but I have what smells like an oil burning leak so I am going to get to pay to fix it.

00ls5spd said:
Yeah I know about Kens...His are a little darker then I wanted to go, his look good with the darker car colors. I just want a light tint to take away some of the redness.....I think really dark ones would look good with your car though since you have the Black on Silver theme going...

:L I look at jonstintedtails.com again I think he'll do color match. There is a red volks. jetta and a eagle talon on there that match their color

Man ....Ken should give me a kick back if he sells his wheels...:D
Neways I think I am just gonna leave them the way they are and lightly tint my reverse lights.

Justin,

I have another lighter set I can sell too. I had Jon tint another set in the extra light. You can see the pics below of the light-medium and extra light lenses. The picture with the two tones is up next to the extra light tint lenses. I'd sell them too for the same price as the others.

tinttailsmerge.jpg

tinttails%20010.jpg

tinttails%20006.jpg

00ls5spd said:

opinions???

Do it. It give your LS more personality. Check mine out.

Dec06_003.jpg

Feb07_009.jpg

Jan05_001.jpg

I used this stuff called Nite Shades on my Thunderbird. Applies like spray paint, you can put it on as dark or as light as you want. I sprayed some high gloss clear over mine and they turned out great.

purchase the paint tint online or at a local hobby shop(most have em) for around 25... they spray right on.. and if u dont like how they come out? they come right off with paint thinner..

maybe that would make it easier on tinting them or not... atleast u have an option to keep it or not..

TOMORROW I'm doing mine, i've had the stuff here to do it for 2 weeks now, and just saw this thread. my car is silver frost, and I'm going to do it lightly, I'll post pics tomorrow

i just called a place here and they charge 100 and say its not illegal here in missouri, but who knows, i might just try it myself tom. and see how i like it then take it to my painter and have him clear coat them

ya Bill, post some pics of that as soon as you can, im interested in seein wut it looks like on a black LS

Members online

No members online now.
Back