Tinted Tail Lights by Jons Tinted Tails

Let us know how they look on the car Ken...I was thinking of doing another set in extra light as well.

Thanks

How tough is it to take out the taillights and install new ones? I'd like to get the McLaren ones but would prefer to be able to do the work myself.

tmvandekamp said:
How tough is it to take out the taillights and install new ones? I'd like to get the McLaren ones but would prefer to be able to do the work myself.
Replacing the tail lights are easy. Each corner tail light has 3 bolts that you access from inside the trunk. Just pull back the liner to see the bolts. The deck lid lights are held on with 2 bolts and three metal clips. You will have to remove the deck lid lining to expose the connector for the bulbs. Remove the two bolts and the trunk lights will push outward. It's an easy do-it-yourself project.

I had a chance to install one corner tail light that I had tinted the extra light. The pictures below show the difference between the light-medium and extra light tint. I'm thinking the darker one looks best.

tinttailsmerge.jpg

tinttails%20010.jpg

Defiantly the darker ones are the best. I'm going to see if I can get that done around here.

Members online

No members online now.
Back