Tinted Tail Lights by Jons Tinted Tails

G

GrayGhost1

I got my tail lights back and I had them tinted the light/medium spray. If I had to do it again I think I would have went with just the light. However, I think it looks really good and Jon does excellent work. Below are some pics of the tint job. A couple of pics show the difference between the two tones I already had and the new tinted ones. As for light shining through it, they are a little dimmer than stock. I mean, it's tint so it will sacrifice some light but it's not that bad. I will take some pics later this evening to show what it looks like at night. Let me know what you think.

tails%20004.jpg

tails%20003.jpg

tails%20005.jpg

tails%20006.jpg

tails%20007.jpg

Maybe Medium tint on the red part of the tailights, and light on the clear part if that is possible, that would look nice. But thats definately better than stock, no doubt about it. Is there any brighter brake bulbs you can install?

You should distribut for him Ken, let people put orders through you, and you ship him the lights. I really dig those lights, I think they make your car look smooth. But there was one of those photos on your cardomain website where you had cleared out lenses, I think that looked better with your color.

Sorry, and is there anyway you could take a daytime pic with the brakes depressed, or the turn signals on, so I can get an idea of what they look like during the day?

Jon charges $95 plus shipping both ways to tint the tail lights. It's probably easier to deal with him. He's very easy to get along with and is very accomodating. Here are two pics at night with the lights on. I'm guessing that the lights are about 10% less brighter than before. Of course, that's not a scientific measurement but just purely a guess. However, they are still pretty bright. The first picture is with the parking lights on and the second picture is with the parking lights on and the brake lights.

tails%20008.jpg

tails%20013.jpg

i like them better than the 2-toned Ken, but thas jus me... what are you gonna do, keep them on or put the 2-tones back on?

I think I'm going to run with them a few days and see how I like them. I have another spare set of tail lights that I may send to Jon to do in the Light. If I do then I'll probably post these for sale. They are growing on me too. Also, the pictures really don't do it justice. They look much better in person.

Ken- I would probably try the extra light next time (I have the light and it's not much lighter than yours).

I also agree, Jon is very good to work with and did a great job!

Hey Ken, this is Jamison. I've got my tails tinted on my black 01 LS and I love it. Here's one thing that I thought was a benefit from the tint. I was driving my gf's car behind my LS one day and noticed that on a sunny day the stopping tails where not that visible due to the fact that the chrome behind the red lenses glared so much. I was only able to see the 3rd brake light clearly when she pushed the brakes. Now, after the tinting, it's very distinguished and there's also no glare. Very happy!! Black on Black too!!

Black01LS said:
Hey Ken, this is Jamison. I've got my tails tinted on my black 01 LS and I love it. Here's one thing that I thought was a benefit from the tint. I was driving my gf's car behind my LS one day and noticed that on a sunny day the stopping tails where not that visible due to the fact that the chrome behind the red lenses glared so much. I was only able to see the 3rd brake light clearly when she pushed the brakes. Now, after the tinting, it's very distinguished and there's also no glare. Very happy!! Black on Black too!!

Jamison, how dark did you go on your tails? medium or what?

Not for sure. A friend of mine did it for me. He tinted the tails and partial headlights of a couple of G35's at the same time. I don't ask very many questions when it's free. :dancefool

Black01LS said:
Not for sure. A friend of mine did it for me. He tinted the tails and partial headlights of a couple of G35's at the same time. I don't ask very many questions when it's free. :dancefool

lets see sum piccccsss! :GotPics:

Well, I've had them on for a few days and I'm beginning to really like them. They look much better in person and it blends into the paint very nicely. I may not do another set but you never know.

Jamison, who did yours? I know that the painter I use for all of my products can do the same thing. I'm thinking of using him to do my next set. BTW, how's the LS doing?

It was Rico at Over The Top Motorsports. The LS is still not running and I posted a thread "Major Catastrophy" to see if anyone could offer some helpful info. I'm going to hook it back up to the Snap-On machine and get the codes again tonight, because I lost the sheet on it. I'm still convinced that the Anti Theft alarm has disabled the car and all of the accessories.

Black01LS said:
Want to leave pics but they're too big. Any clue as to how to shrink the pics?

Go to photobucket.com or www.creatingonline.com, upload your pics and then down size them. I like creatingonline.com better you can there are more options on that site then on photobucket.com.

I had a second pair of tail lights tinted by Jon. I had them done in the extra light. I haven't had time to install them but did take them out of the box and snapped a photo. I just used my old McLaren tail lights as a reference on how dark the tinted ones are. It's a difference in person. I'll install one side this weekend and snap a few photos of both the dark ones and the light ones. This way you can tell which you prefer.

tinttails%20006.jpg

I think the darker ones blend in perfectly on your car because of your dark gray paint looks very sleek and classy.

btw just an idea but why not paint your lincoln emblem red with a black bg? or dark gray bg to match your ride

i like them dark they give the car a better look...by the way ken what yr lse wing is that? can i get that at spoiler depot?

Members online

No members online now.
Back