Tinted Reverse Lights?

RequestingFlyBy

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I had an idea about tinting the reverse lights on an all black LS. I had an extra light so I decided to do it and see what it looked like. I used the VHT Nite shades and a clear coat. I can't say I really like the look too much, and I will probably end up keeping it stock. I just wanted to post a pic to show anybody that was curious or had any opinions on it. Enjoy!

DSCF0046 (600 x 450).jpg

would look great if you were going with the blacked out look, you would probably have to tint the tails too for it to look right

I Know, but I like the red contrast of the tail lights on a black LS. It's not too blacked out, but still classy.

tint the other one and p ost a pic. i think it will look good..

god forbid you try and back up at night with dark tints though

I like it! I dont think it would look that good if you had the chrome surround but with the black it looks good. I agree that blacking out the tails would be too much. If you keep it you will probably need to put in some brighter reverse lights though. Looks good though, i would keep it.

Do you have any experience with Niteshades? I read that they fade after a while.

If I tint the other side, there is no going back. I painted an extra one. If I paint the other side and it doesn't look good I'm screwed.

As for the Nite shades experience, this was my first time using it. I've read alot of posts on other forums about it and came to the conclusion that if you used a really good clear coat that doesn't fade from sun you should have no problems.

Hey I like that, I think with the rest of your trunk it makes the look just right. I agree about the red lights, it makes a good contrast but would probably look like poooooo! if you had a chrome surround.

Put a lincoln star stencil in the middle so white shows through. I agree, the red tails on the 1st gens(my gen) are one of my favorite parts of the LS. I was just saying that it would look good if you WERE going with the blacked out look, like aserrano.

Ive had mine done for bout a year now. I did mine with about 4 coats, its pretty much as dark as you can get it. I also have my tails tinted as well. My tails have 3 stripes in them (so its still legal). I will say the reverse lights make it difficult to back up and the light kind of turns a blueish color. Whatcha think

ls rear.jpg

ls tails.jpg

Ive had mine done for bout a year now. I did mine with about 4 coats, its pretty much as dark as you can get it. I also have my tails tinted as well. My tails have 3 stripes in them (so its still legal). I will say the reverse lights make it difficult to back up and the light kind of turns a blueish color. Whatcha think

I like your tails. Looking back I now wish I had gone a little lighter and had the stripes like those.

itsnotmydaddys...did you use Nite Shades? If you did, how's it holding up? The back of your car looks awesome. You might have changed my mind to tint both. Anybody in PA with tinted lights? Any problems with inspection? Thanks for postin' that pic!

thanks for the compliments, as far as the tails go, I had them done at a local shop for 125, they were done in 1 hour, they use a black paint, so it wont fade or anything. The reverse lights... I went to a local hobby shop and picked up some tint for RC cars, sanded them down and sprayed several coats, I also did the front turn signals. I think put a coupld coats of clear, and so far it's held up fine.

I like the lightly smoked look more than the dark look. Those do look nice but for my taste those reverse lights are way to dark.

Members online

No members online now.
Back