Timing Tools

LSTony

LVC Member
Reaction score
Getting ready to tackle the timing chains on my 01 LS and looking at the repair manual I have and the following tools below are listed as being needed. Anyone know where to get these as I called the dealer and was basically told to pound sand.

Special Tool(s)
Camshaft Setting/Locking Tool
303-530
Timing Chain Tensioning Tool
303-532
Crankshaft Positioning Tool
303-645

I am getting closer to doing a complete re-build/blueprint of my replacement 4.0 Jag AJ engine. I have a 'guru' who has told me he made all the tools necessary for cam work on AJ engines. Buying the tools costs +- $300. Good luck!!
KS

I have called Oriley's and autozone and they do not rent them. Any other stores that might?

The Jag dealer will sell you the same set of tools, same part #'s even! And they actually charge less than Ford! The tools are very nice to have, but not absolutely required as some on this board will attest.

I used the guy on Ebay (Link posted). Shipping was very fast, and the tools worked perfectly. I returned the tools and was refunded my deposit without any issues. Expect to spend an additional $10 to ship the tools back.

Thanks for the responses guys, I may not need the tools after all. After pulling the right side valve cover and knowing what to look for the secondary tensioner is def trashed and after rotating the flat spots to the top the bottom cam looks to have jumped a tooth and according to another post here that cam be rectified without pulling the front cover. I went ahead and bought the jag tensioner & the secondary chain from the same guy on ebay that DeMarko listed for the tools.

Members online

No members online now.
Back